Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled two 1950 Hudson car bodies, a huge fiberglass hand away from the front of my house yesterday so I could re-paint them and clean out the leaves and anything else I may be finding back in this "Hell-Hole"?
The huge steel skull has been needing "paint" for some time. It has always been sort of a faded orange to off-white color, but now it's bright Blue, "Safety" blue, funny thing is though that color becomes "India Ink" with no real light on it. People were missing the big skull,"Missing" as in "Not even noticing it", as massive tangles of vines grow allover everything, now, at night , with no light directed to make it appear, it isn't there, visually.. but the paint has a shine to it , possibly that is enough to draw people's vision to it.. suddenly they realize they are looking at a huge Skull! As eyes totally focus through the dark..
.. and the skull is blue! Not black.
For the first time ever I am re-painting the huge fiberglass hand (Made by Marc Cline, Natural Bridge , Virginia) to match the skull's color, so skull just gained his own hand!
These new paint colors really grab the eye from a block away, in daylight.
Maybe it will look as if we are even More "Kid-friendly" This can't hurt the bottom line .
We Still have to use money to buy our food and stuff.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marc was at Trans World, had the huge hand, some Chicago guys "Went home" to get "Their money", never came back. I advised Marc that if he wanted to sell it in Chicago, that he should have configured the fingers differently!
The traveling Weather had been extreme that March, he didn't look forward to hauling anything much all the way back home. He asked me if I would like to have it?
It rode 2 1/2 hours back to Ravens Grin on the roof of a 93 Buick I owned then. Think of the ad,"You're in good hands with Allstate! Or the Car ad , "Hand-picked used cars" as a huge hand picks up a car...
I enjoyed the "Looks" we got during our drive.
I take credit for my own work here and will always be quick to also give Marc the full credit for the hand as I do my old neighbor Jeremy Bohr for the masks of his displayed here too. (I also am quick to point out the masks with the crappy, crude paint jobs were painted by me!, Not Jeremy!) He does incredible painting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts