Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife was griping slightly as I hung this guy up and put out my countdown sign.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I actually like to wait till October. With lots of projects and such, I have too much to do before I put anything out.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yea, still too early. My general rule is 30'ish days for holidays, that way my display doesn't get tired and my props don't take a beating.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I normally like to set stuff up in the basement about this time but dont move stuff outside until October...well at lest some of the stuff, the good stuff waits until Halloween day because of the punk kids who like to destroy stuff and steal stuff

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in the hills of Cottonwood on the North West side of Parker.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I try to make us wait until Oct. 1st each year, but sometimes it is so hard to wait! We build a lot of stuff in place, so sometimes we bend the rule to get started early on something big and complicated.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wait until October 1st to set my stuff up... that being said, I'm changing my little lamp in my bathroom out to my halloween lamp tomorrow...and changing 1 picture to a halloween picture.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I normally wait til my birthday, but I'm going tomorrow to get my stuff from the storage shed to figure out what I have....... I'm planning a party for teenagers this year and I want things to be a bit more creepy (not as cutesy as usual), so I am anticipating having the inside finished this week. Plus I'm dying to do some halloween stuff. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
That is a very cool prop!

I do not set up anything until after my birthday (Sept.19) as a general rule to myself...And that is just for Fall stuff. Halloween goes out after Thanksgiving (2nd Monday of October in Canada, eh!) Any time before that just seems too pre-mature and gets me wound up too quickly. Too much of a good thing sort of deal you know?

The weather is making it VERY hard at the moment. I woke up and the house was cold! It's currently 7 degrees outside (mid 40's) and is not supposed to get too much higher than 20 degress all week (low 70's). The leaves are starting to change all ready and some are starting to fall! Gah, so tempting! :p

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great time to start going through everything and completeing any unfinished props, etc.....I would say a tinsy bit early to set up, in my opinion. But if you love it and don't care-go for it.:p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts