Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am actually going to go for it and rent this for an hour at the beginning of my Scary Tales Party....
It's not the money.. its the wow factor.. also I think it will make an excellent photo opportunity for my friends...
What do you think? Has anyone else renting something for their party ?

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Unless your friends are more punctual than mine... might want to do it for the second hour (thats what I would do) to make sure everyone gets to see it.

I rented a nacho cheese machine and frozen drink machine before. They went over well but a lot of the drink went to waste.

Be sure to get other prices and barter a bit! I always get them to come down on price!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Punctual.. Good Point. Some but not all ... and I have been 'training' them for 8 yrs and i STILL have late comers. The problem becomes, how to keep the food good for their late arrival -This party I'm making Rib Roasts and Lobster Paella. Serve time will be around 7:45pm. It's a hard menu to keep warm and edible when people are late. For the past 4 years, a week before any party, I release a teaser PDF to the guests that gives hints to the scheduled activities, shares the food menu and alerts them to the theme... Usually it gets them excited enough to want to show up to eat. And I'm ok with that.

Thank you for your suggestion on bartering.. I will keep that in mind - Now, The second problem I'm facing is the time of my party.. and just how dark till will be at 6:30pm in my area of New Jersey. I dont know if the horses get easily spooked. I have a call in to discuss this with them to hear their opinion too.

Also I like the frozen drink machine idea ..... That has GOT to save on the hubby's time of making a mixer pitcher on demand throughout the evening.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Lol.. I totally didn't mean Bartering... thats like where you trade stuff... I meant haggling!

It looks like you got what I meant but I just had to clarify.

My normal mode of business with the people I rent from:

I have rented this and this from you 4 years in a row. I'm interested in this but the price seems high, all the other ones I see around are about that price but they include chips and paperware... I would like to pay 'this'.

I almost always get them to at least deliver for free. Unfortunately the guy passed away that I normally talked to and his wife was rude to me when I went to pick my stuff up (because she wouldn't deliver) last year... so no more from them.

I think the horse and carriage thing is a great idea btw!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! All this for 15-20 guests LOL
ah well. its for the love of the game... err party!

How many people do you usually have at your parties and do you entertain through-out the year or just for the Halloween Bash?

I do dinner parties throughout the year - the longest 'event' if you want to call it that is, Game of Thrones Dinner Party's - This year was the 3rd year of it.
I have to say, it keeps everyone entertained and we get to see more people on a weekly basis, so that makes it worthwhile. It's a little challenging to come up with full dinners for 11 weeks that do not repeat themselves.. this year the Premier was on Easter .. and ran through cinco de mayo .. so I try to handle it as best as i can.
I have some albums on here ( mostly food) I'm getting better at documenting props and decorations...

Should you ever need a pirate hunt or Halloween scavenger hunt, come find me, i have files from my events and I share.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts