Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've never made tombstones, but in the past i've often used the cheap foam tombstones that are about a foot or so tall that you get at dollar tree or other places.

i told my wife recently that i wasn't going to use those anymore because they don't stand up and they break and they're generally trash.

this morning i wheeled the trash can down to the end of the driveway for collection, and there in the pipe culvert that runs under the driveway was a cheap foam tombstone. i have no idea how it got there or where it came from but i had to chuckle and feel a little creeped out too.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
If you haven't already tossed them, I would do something like Lisa suggested. Just take some plywood, or some foam board insulation and cut larger stones and then attach the small ones in the center. Then you could paint them and add them to the back for filler stones. I was going to do that myself and when I went back to Dollar Tree to grab some, they were all gone. I learned my lesson on if you snooze you lose. I'll grab some up quick next year.

·
Registered
525 Posts
That's funny right there!

I take those cheap headstones & cut out pieces of plywood to fit them. Then some glue & fresh paint & I have some decent filler stones of the cemetery.
I've done something similar for some of mine, they tend to be short, so I put them in the back of the graveyard for some forced perspective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts