Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya guys,

This year I plan on going as Gene Simmons of Kiss. 3 of my other buddies being the remaining Frehely, Stanley, Criss. (no one wants to be Peter Criss, we had to draw straws haha)

I have a pretty wicked Costume in the works by my question is the make up. I have done make-up in the past but it has all been uniform and never clashed so much as BLACK and WHITE, not to mention been so exact. Does anyone have any tips?

Should I do the white or Black first? Should I try to outline the design with maybe like and eye pencil or mascara or something like that first? Anyone have any recommendations on what kind of make-up to use?

Any help would be appreciated. I'll throw a picture up on here after hallween and show everyone how it came out .. which I hope will be AWESOME!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Start with the white first, then powder that down with cornstarch or talcum/babypowder to set it. Then draw out the black design with an eyeliner. Color in with the black, and set that with powder as well. Use either a cake style make-up, or on the cheap use the cream- style tubes. The key is to powder it to set it. Good Luck and have fun.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If no one wants to be Criss could always go as the Fox instead he was the better drummer anyhow. But then for the new tour Criss, Frehely aren't aren't even going anyhow.

Monstermaker is correct it's essentially what KISS used to do anyhow.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
They actually make KISS make-up kits for each band member. I'm having a blond moment and can't remember who puts them PMG? maybe? I like to use Ben Nye AquaColor which is water based instead of oil-based make-up. You mix it with water and you can paint it on with a brush. The clean-up is easier and if you spray it with Ben Nye Final Seal (no powder) it will stay on no matter how much you might perspire.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sorry if I'm trampling anyones toes, but how exactly do you use the powder/cornstarch? Do you just puff it on? (Damn, I hope none of my friends see me using the word "puff". LOL)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sorry if I'm trampling anyones toes, but how exactly do you use the powder/cornstarch? Do you just puff it on? (Damn, I hope none of my friends see me using the word "puff". LOL)
You would use a powder puff (i.e. pic) and pat the powder over the makeup, to set it onto the skin.:)

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Make SURE the puffs are pink. They won't work any other way, and be sure to pat it on "pinky out"...lol! Just kidding, I'm sure you'll do fine, as long as all your friends are "puffing" too, no reason to be ashamed! All pro makeup is done this way. I've seen that show Gene Simmons Family Jewels and he does put his white on first then outlines with a pencil then fills in the black...don't forget the widows peak. I have seen also fake tongues somewhere that would complete the look. I'll see if I can find the link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts