Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my first zombie bear/bunny as in attached pics. I just had a few basic questions:

1) What is the object being used for the eyes?

2) Securing the pumpkin teeth (for teeth and claws)...should I use hot glue? Contact cement?

3) Painting...looks like a bit of spray paint and acrylic? (I don't own an air brush).

Thanks!

Vlad

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just in time for Easter...

1. Distress / age the fur and add thin layers of spray paint. You can even blend different colors to give it some depth.
2. Eyes - google "acrylic eyes or acrylic doll eyes" there are a variety of sizes and styles. It looks like they used ping-pong balls cut in half for the second one. Attach the eyes to the head by using a two-part epoxy adhesive.
. To secure the teeth, carefully remove the stitching to the head and insert a foam ball or something similar. Sew the head back together. Make teeth using two-part epoxy clay molded around a thick piece of metal wire. the wire should stick out the back aprox. 1"-2" to allow for mounting. Insert and secure the teeth into the foam ball using epoxy adhesive. This will allow the teeth to have a solid mounting surface and hold their shape.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
yep, looks like ping pong balls for eyes to me as well. And i inserted foam into the mouth as well to put in pumpkin teeth
IMG_3645.jpg magician bunny. not great but it worked .lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts