Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this product? Any reviews? I've been looking for a way to do some prosthetic effects for this halloween and have struggled so far with traditional latex prosthetics when I found these on halloween asylum. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-KgkVE-25E

They go on like a temporary tattoo, so no messy adhesives, and from what I can tell you don't have nearly the issue with blending edges that you have with a typical prosthetic appliance. Only downside is they are one-time use only. The creator won an Academy Award for the technique. However, everything I've read so far has been marketing material, would love to hear a review from people who've actually used these things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used a couple for some zombie makeup I did last year. Looked amazing, stayed on all night and came off easily afterward. I will definitely use them again. The only thing is, you have to watch their video to learn how to properly remove them from the package and apply them. The instructions on the package are actually wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you want to use Tinsley Transfers you may want to look at the tutorial on Todd Debrecini's site www.backporchfx.com. Tinsleys are great.
If you like theme you might want to check out Micheal Davy's tattoo/wound line at www.michealdavy.com
We's palnned to have these in our shop for Halloween....alas we will have to wait a bit longer...

www.extrememakeupfx.com

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My party's over now, so thought I would update this thread just for the purpose of people searching for info on these things in the future. My girlfriend and I used several of the transfers this year. There were a few that we didn't get to attach just right, and in those cases the edges were quite obvious, so we tore them off. When we could get the transfer to attach, they looked amazing, and were sooo much easier to blend the edges than the typical latex appliance. That being said, I don't know if I would use these again, as they are quite expensive for a single use item - 12-15 dollars for one night, and if you're not careful with application, you might end up wasting them. On the other hand, we also used tinsley's "gorywood" temporary tattoos, which are regular 2D but painted to look like 3D, and these went on much more reliably and looked great. Will definitely use these again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw the Tinsley's for the first time this year (unsure if they were available for 2012) and loved the way they looked. Picked up a few after Halloween on clearance and plan to put them to the test next year. From what I've heard here, as well as around my area, they are pretty awesome when done right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts