Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So our trail theme this year is going to be Dark/Horror Wizard of Oz, and I have started building cardboard Tin Man armor. I am sort of stuck on how to continue at this point. As you can see in the picture I have built the majority of the base, but it's sort of bland.

I would like to either give a more steampunk or robotic/industrial look to the costume as a whole. Any suggestions?

Any and all help/advice/thoughts appreciated!

Floor Metal

·
Registered
260 Posts
I love the "dark wizard of oz" theme, I was going to do it for my place one year, but I went in a total opposite direction lol.

id totally go with the grungy/steampunk style as well.
on the side joints(arns and legs) I'd go with gears large enough so it'll block out your under fabric as well as making the piece look nice.
maybe some pistons and tubing's on the legs.
when I was debating on what to make my tin man style out of, I decided on a junkyard robot..as in old signs, street sign, stop signs, one way signs anything that would be metal and patch worked in with rivets, I left a hole where the heart would be but all around the hole was dried blood as if he ripped someones heart out of their chest and tried to put it in his. He had a very large battle axe (again made from parts you would find at a junkyard....but that you could replicate with foam because that would be ridiculously heavy lol) for reference on shape and possible style I stumbled across steampunk ironman. I liked the way the shoulder looked.

not sure if any of that helps, but its there now haha.

Personal protective equipment Fictional character Action figure Superhero Costume

Action figure Fictional character Superhero Armour Toy

Breastplate Armour Fictional character Cuirass Superhero

·
Registered
90 Posts
?I didn't even see this when I made a post earlier today about making a Tin Man costume. We are doing a more traditional Wizard of Oz thing. I may just lurk and see what you come up with.

Miles - You made that?? That is awesome....I'm blown away.

·
Registered
260 Posts
NO! NONONONO I did not make that lol I will never even attempt to take credit for that haha1 that's amazing work, those are just the reference photos I found online. but hey thanks for the confidence boost lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
i am new to this group and had no idea there are this many people out there who share the same passion for Halloween. we are also planning the twisted/creepy version of wizard of oz theme this year.
my wife usually does the bulk of costumes while I focus on the props, or maybe that is just her way of getting me out of her way! please keep updating on how the plan goes for you and hopefully we can bounce ideas back and forth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts