Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got generally nice atmosphere in my cemetary haunt, with two 1700 watt Chauvet foggers running through very effective chillers. This year I am adding a few animated props (groundbreakers, etc) that could benefit from some local fogging (in the coffin, etc). I want to use just some cheapo foggers (400W or so) but these tend to either not have timers available or the timer costs more than the fogger itself. I know that if I ever get into a DMX-style automation system then this can be achieved, but that's at least a few years out for me (if ever). Does anyone have an easy way to put a fogger on "auto"? Thanks!

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
Wal Mart typically sell timers for $10. I have founf these ones to work on all of my cheapo 400 watt foggers. I have foggers from Target, and ones I got from a local drug store chain, and the timers work perfectly with both. I am not sure if there is a cheaper (easier) way to get dependable operation outside of a timer ? :confused:

Besides that, if you ever upgrade to DMX, you can make prop timers out of the leftover fogger timers. ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got my foggers at michaels and the timers at walmart. The set should cost you about $30 if yo use a coupon ar michaels.

The foggers at michaels actually went up this year. They used to be $29.99 and this year I believe the sign was $39.99

·
Registered
453 Posts
glue the switch down, or switch it with another switch, I bought a bunch of cheap foggers from target last year on clearance and the switches don't have to b held down, nice.
try some jb weld and tape it down while it dries
or take it apart and hot wire it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
i saw tonight, that target has the timers for $10 and u can set them for 5,10,15 secs and so on for up to like 30 secs,, maybe that will help you out a lil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts