Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the Led Vortex Tunnel I built for 2015. It is made using 1500 smart Led pixels (WS2811) and a T-8000 controller.
The idea was to create an electronic version of the classic rotating tunnel. It worked pretty good and made a lot of people dizzy!
The walkway is a 15 foot long ramp with railings that goes through the led matrix. Both ends of the tunnel are mirrored for an added infinity effect.
Pete
Video link click below:
http://vid15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/captpete1/Halloween 2015/time Warp/Time Warp 2015_zpseyuejedr.mp4

Lots of programming!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would like to see a video of it. Believe it or not, this is exactly what I want to make for our train to go through.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. it is basically a led monitor. The cool part is you can program it anyway you want.
It took a while to get it to "spin"
Pretty much up to your imagination what you can do with it. I would like to increase the # of lights so the matrix has better resolution. It is possible to display video also which would require more pixels for better definition. The Time Warp sign is made from the same lights and is controlled separately with its own led control, so the patterns and colors are changeable.
Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts