Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As that title says the time has come that i need to say goodbye to the haunt.. With a bitter sweet note this year, I have planned on taking time away from haunting to focus on career goals. Over the past several years during the late middle school and high school years I spent time haunting and doing work, but now with college I need to focus on my classes and working towards my goal. I will say this that it won't be that last you see of me, just the last of the new props. i have met a ton of awesome people over the years on the forum and continue to. I also might plan on going to a convention to keep the hunger for haunting satisfied.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Best of luck to you. Speaking from experience, if you do not like a professor's demeanor, trust me when I say that it is best to drop that class and find another as soon as possible, since it often will not get better and, therefore, the atmosphere will be extremely taxing. It totally depends on the school, so hopefully you will luck out and have only worthwhile teachers, not ones who are there solely for the paycheck.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,780 Posts
Creeper, I understand leaving the haunt behind is tough (for now), but I am glad to see you have goals and you are leaving to pursue them. Best of luck with everything. I see you are in PA as well. If you can swing it, I'd highly recommend the MHC show in OH this May. If you do go, make sure to stop by the booth and say hi. :) It's always nice to meet everyone in person.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:( I've enjoyed seeing your props and your doorway last year was really amazing! I'll miss seeing your creations, but I wish you all the luck with your college adventure and your career goals. In a few short years, you will be back to haunting....it's sort of in your blood!;) Good Luck!:D

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@garthgoyle. Honestly as on of last semester many teachers we're nice. some being ok. Overall i have nothing bad to say about many professors. My Criminal Justice teacher treated us like adults and made class fun.

Diobolik. At most i will certainly try to do MHC if not im thinking the NHC here in PA. I will say i have not left PA for college..

Pumpkin5. Thank you so much.. I will say there could be a small prop or costume creation cause i can still go to school dressed up.. lol but one never knows.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Creeper,
I met you on here first, and then am honored to have met you in person, and gotten to know the incredible young man you are. I know how much you love to haunt. I also know how you are dedicated to making this world be a safer and better place for all of us with your career and life choices. Best wishes on your new adventures!! A haunt is always inside of you waiting to come out when you are ready. Be safe my friend.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
...Overall i have nothing bad to say about many professors. My Criminal Justice teacher treated us like adults and made class fun.
Glad to hear that. I originally dropped out at the beginning of the third semester, for the reason that I mentioned, though I opted to continue at another school years later. I will spare you and the rest here some of the horror stories that I could tell regarding professors.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Good luck on your school. You can always organize something Haunt wise for your dorm or maybe campus wide as a department/door contest. The college that I worked at did this every year and the departments distributed candy to students on Halloween if they were dressed up. We also had a huge community event called Roo Boo where all the organizations had a booth with either small games or tables to hand out candy. We were the Kangaroos. It was a big event that was well received in the community.Always a way to haunt!!!

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck on your school. You can always organize something Haunt wise for your dorm or maybe campus wide as a department/door contest. The college that I worked at did this every year and the departments distributed candy to students on Halloween if they were dressed up. We also had a huge community event called Roo Boo where all the organizations had a booth with either small games or tables to hand out candy. We were the Kangaroos. It was a big event that was well received in the community.Always a way to haunt!!!

I know the campus has trick or treat allowing students to dress up..

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,605 Posts
Best of luck to you CG. You have all your life to haunt but you have your priorities squared away. We had some great Halloween parties at the college I attended so there is always time to celebrate. Don't be a stranger and pop in from time to time.

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Hey, best of luck with college classes. Hope you get the ones you want and down the road get a job you can enjoy. We are counting on you coming back and spooking kids! It never leaves your blood completely.

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sure will pop in from time to time. I will say i can never stay away from what became an amazing couple of years and great people. I will say haunting has made know that in my work i will be allowed to see some stuff that many of us try to have in our haunts... Blood and lots of it MUUUUUUUHAHAHAHA

1 - 20 of 35 Posts