Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm officially off on vacation, won't go back to work until after the clearance sales on Nov. 3rd, always take the week off on Halloween week and it only means that I have two gears, start and stop, today Saturday, I knocked out these three dolls and my daughter's boyfriend did the fourth one, a couple ideas are spur of the moment, others gleamed off the internet, here they are
20151024_193122-1.jpg
20151024_193422-1.jpg
20151024_193403-1.jpg
20151024_193352-1.jpg
20151024_193337-1.jpg

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Wow! Awesomely creepy! Love the one holding the eyeballs!. Can't wait to see your haunt all set up!

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Awesomely creepy! Love the one holding the eyeballs!. Can't wait to see your haunt all set up!
Thanks jdubbya, that one I saw on on pinterest or maybe here, don't remember but looked like a quick makeover, got a few more to finalize tomorrow

·
Registered
397 Posts
If there wasn't so much restructuring going on at my job I totally would have taken this week off.

I need every minute I can get this week. Just spent 5 hours vacuum forming more chain links for my build. clock is ticking.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If there wasn't so much restructuring going on at my job I totally would have taken this week off.

I need every minute I can get this week. Just spent 5 hours vacuum forming more chain links for my build. clock is ticking.
Sorry to hear that KC, the hours after work just zoom by and you still have to get ready for work the next day so it's a tough to get in any work on props. ..vacuum forming, do you have a homemade set up?

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are dolls from kids nightmares! Really CrEeepY...Love all of them. Excellent start to your halloween week I'd say!
Thanks GoS, it's been raining all day, the aftermath of Hurricane Patricia so can't do anything outside and my cemetery decorations are starting to succumb to the wind and rain and soggy soil, hopefully it will let up soon, I had already brought in all my extensions and LED lights

·
Registered
397 Posts
Friend of mine has a homemade setup. Does about 22x22. Wish it was bigger.
Wife and i pulled about 80 forms because the buck i made was too big for the frame so 1 chain link too 4 pieces instead of 2.

i have some photos and video to post on my maleficent castle thread of the setup but you can see the giant chain links.

I'm totally building one of these setups for myself this year. I would have loved to do all my stone blocks as styrene forms instead of carving foam.

I was suprised how easy it was to do and couldn't stop thinking of things to vacuum form

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wife and i pulled about 80 forms because the buck i made was too big for the frame so 1 chain link too 4 pieces instead of 2.

i have some photos and video to post on my maleficent castle thread of the setup but you can see the giant chain links.

I'm totally building one of these setups for myself this year. I would have loved to do all my stone blocks as styrene forms instead of carving foam.

I was suprised how easy it was to do and couldn't stop thinking of things to vacuum form

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm so intrigued, thanks for the info, if you do get around to building one , be nice if you took pics along the way for a Tut

·
Registered
74 Posts
I remember when I saw Event Horizon in the theater, the very brief image of the previous captain holding his own eyeballs had me sleeping with the lights on for days. Thus, I adore the doll you have there.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember when I saw Event Horizon in the theater, the very brief image of the previous captain holding his own eyeballs had me sleeping with the lights on for days. Thus, I adore the doll you have there.
Thank you MS, I replicated the idea from halloween sucks in the UK, he started a thread titled "Doll Makeovers"

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm Now I know what to do with my daughters porcelain doll collection. lol
I've collected a few with the intention of making them over, it's hard to pull the trigger since someone went through the trouble of making them look nice, this nun looked great on her own and I didn't want to mess her up but oh well, she got a make over anyway last night
20151026_085951-1.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts