Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here. I was curious what projects people were thinking of doing this year. I'm thinking of a rocking chair with a dead lady with a bag over her head (seen Black Christmas??)
I had alot of fun last year with purchased props, but I also made a couple and I want to do more this year. Even though I had a lifesize animated freddy and jason, the hit was the Michael Myers I made myself. I bought one of those Michael's head on a stick at Walmart (cheaper than the mask and better cause it has eyes). Then I went to a thrift shop to get some used shoes, etc.
I used pipe cleaners to form the fingers and coat hangers to help form the arms and hold the legs to the shoes, etc. I put a cordless cd player in the bushes playing they creapy music from the movie. I had several adults tell me it creeped them out so much they didnt want to get too close. I'll post the pic - won't be as scary cause the photo I took was when it was still light, but I hope to get better pics this year. I'll also post a few pics of freddy, etc. when I figure out how to do it here.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm making a life size "Bloody Mary Disappearing Ghost" Prop! :) It will involve having a mirror (framed glass) atop a table, and the prop standing behind. I will light the front of the mirror with VERY dim candles to not reveal Bloody Mary behind the mirror. From behind I am going to try and put a couple fading lights to show then disappear Bloody Mary from the mirror. The project so far is going very well :)

·
Resident Lunatic
1,772 Posts
I bought a dead doctor you may have seen at Big Lots at 90% off after last Halloween. I'm hoping to make him into a static walking zombie. I'm also planning to make a couple more tombstones.

The Michael sounds impressive. Be sure to post pix when you can.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Ok, maybe its just me cause it is very early on a sunday morning and I'm sitting at my work doing NOTHING....but static and walking seem to be a contradiction of words lol

MsM

·
crossfit zombie
7,590 Posts
I have completed many props this year pictures can be seen in my album.I still have 7 sections of pvc fence to finish.Thought I was done but was over at hauntforum the other day and saw saw zombie arms holding lanterns so of course I gotta have me some.It's a simple prop the worst is the drying time of the latex.So I will bang out some of those.And of course the other day my mind got to wondering about that micheal myers ground breaker I have and I think I may put him on a massager.Cut his arm insert pvc into it and have him doing the stabbing action.I ask hubby if he thought it could work and he said it would.I may get that one done or not haven't decided.I did order the spirit micheal so I may not do him this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bloody Mary, now that sounds cool! Please do post some pics when you finish.
I didnt know that they had a lifesize Michael now. The one I made looks more like the original guy. I had a thought though. I got this really cheap clown last year that plays weird circus music and does a stabbing motion. Maybe I could merge him with Michael, disable the sound and then have Michael moving his arm and stabbing at people. Think it could work?

·
Resident Lunatic
1,772 Posts
Ok, maybe its just me cause it is very early on a sunday morning and I'm sitting at my work doing NOTHING....but static and walking seem to be a contradiction of words lol

MsM
Not when you do it like I do. My yard on Halloween is a place, not only of sight and sound, but of mind, which lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
I found a light up pumpkin at Cracker Barrel that looks very much like Jack Skellington so I decided to take my excess 1" PVC and make a body for my pumpkin. I am almost done with one of his hands and the body but I need a few extra little things. I'll take pics and post them on a separate thread.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Several static zombies
Shiatzu coffin grabber
Grim reapers for graveyard
Toxic Storage Facility sign/entrance
Industrial Toxic Control Room facade
Spider-bag bodies
Direction road sign
Flicker-light lanterns

...and I still haven't figured out where to hand out the candy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts