Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having a Halloween Party on Halloween night this year and i need help picking a time. I know it's stupid but i am going back and forth between 7 pm and 8 pm. I have people traveling over an hour and also people with younger kids that i am guessing would go trick or treating. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
My boyfriend's sister is getting married on Halloween this year and she had the exact same problem. She finally decided on 7:30 so, like you said, anyone with kids can still go trick or treating.

I hope this is helpful?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would probably do 8, that way people with the little ones can still go TOT and still be able to make it to your party. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
It would depend on what you are serving as far as food. If you are having just snacks, later is better, if you are having more of a meal you would want to have it earlier. We have more of a meal for our guest so we actually start our party at 6:30. We learned one year that we started our party at 8 and had tons of food, that most people came to the party saying that they weren't hungry, they already ate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
we always throw our party on the friday on or before Halloween. We go with 8 to allow for trick or treating on 31st and any other date is 7.30. I agree with Cherry, that most guests will have eaten before this. We only provide snacks and mainly cater for the kids when providing food

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have never thrown a party on Halloween night. IMHO kids come first and I wouldn't take them TOTing and then dump them to go party. It should be family night. It's really their night. Also I despise those houses that leave on Halloween night. I can only speak for our city which has TOT from 6-8. This would cause a problem to arrive at 8:00. We throw our party a couple of weeks earlier and include a rainout date for the next weekend just in case. This extends the whole season this way! IMO ... the best plan and more people will attend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts