Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I've been laying in bed for what seems like hours reading posts here on the Forum while hubby takes advantage of the extra hour to sleep in and snores away. The time changed back to Standard time early this a.m. and I was totally awake around 6 a.m. and thinking of hitting Starbucks by myself at this point. It's still hours until Spirit opens and I figure I will spend the last few measly remaining dollars of the 2013 halloween budget there today. Really never saw anything I really wanted at any other store...not impressed with HC and their discount was only 30% when SH was 50%. Target was very picked over. Nothing else I wanted from Walgreens or CVS. I think I'll go back to the SH store with the tiny bug props and pick up a few more of them and maybe some of the tiny screaming plastic skulls for monkey props. Off hand can't think of any costumes accessories I need but will look. Knowing this is the last day I'll see any major halloween in stores has me hanging in.

We had dinner last night near a San Jose Spirit and they also had some nice stuff left. More jumping props than either of the two stores I had been in Friday and Monday. This store was larger so might have had more inventory to begin with. They still had a display Wacky Mole (bought already) and it was the only store that I saw a Slim Clown, he was being bought by someone already. I waivered on liking him but in the end would have bought him given the sale and funds. Lots of Dead Bears and the only Rag Doll was being bought by the couple as I entered. Kind of went in for more of a look at what was still there. Their displays with the exception of the carnival one were still available. Also asked about the AtmosFear DVDs and the manager said they'd didn't get any in and said they heard that Newport mall had a dozen but sold out super fast. Other than that she never heard of another store in the San Jose area getting them. Glad I didn't drive all over looking for them. I did like the two I bought from GrandinRoad this year and can see adding one or two more.

Anyone else going back for the third day?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well, we went back. On Friday the lady at the counter said they would open at 1000, of maybe 0900.
We drove by there at 0900, no signs of what time they would open. Ran a few errands and came back at 1000.
Store was CLOSED, waited in the car until 1028 when we say the manager, finally store opened at 1045 and
150 dollars later we left. There were still some of the big props left and ton of costumes. We got his and hers and a couple of masks for props I intend to build as well as a lot of other things well be using next year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts