Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even the slightest Halloween vibe from this one but I know there's Tim Burton fans here... and I THINK this was a bit of a pet project for him.

As much as I love the look of Nightmare Before Christmas, my favourite Burton movies are probably Big Fish, Ed Wood and Edward Scissorhands. I'm kinda undecided on this - love Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz is amazing. It's written by the same team that wrote Ed Wood. So that's all good stuff. But Burton's last few films have done nothing for me.

Hopefully he'll be back in form on this one.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,778 Posts
It's also a little known story about some pretty well known art. It sounds good but like you said, the last few Burton flicks have missed the mark. At least Johnny Depp isn't in it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Johnny Depp but he's becoming a parody of himself lately.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
The film looks alright, perhaps worth catching at the cheap show. I agree that it was wise to utilize a different cast this time around.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,778 Posts
Well they're releasing at prime Oscar time, serious Oscar worthy movies get shown after Labor Day if not later, so I wonder if they aren't thinking it might be worthy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts