Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the game plan is to have a low (maybe 5 feet) off the ground tightrope walker prop across my front yard. I'm thinking maybe 20 foot long with one or two skeleton props walking on it. To go with our CarnEvil theme.

My question is has anyone here ever done anything like this? I'm thinking sink to round metal fence post into the ground, drill a hole in the tops of the poles use a piece of white clothes line and a turn buckle to get the bottom line tight, then do the same up top but use 25# pound fishing line so it can't be seen to hold the skeletons up. Just a rough game plan. I'm all ears for ideas, I'd like to to the least amount of damage to the lawn as possible for this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the same thing a few years ago for our haunted circus theme. I went from a big tree to the side of the house for the tight rope and use fishing line to hang the skeleton from branches in the tree. Here are some pictures, hope i helped

DSCF0836.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm also doing a tightrope walker for my carnival haunt. I'm going a different route for mounting. Since I'm doing a ghost character, I'm keeping the rope only a couple feet off the ground and using nets--creepy cloth--to disguise the point where the one PVC joint is going into the ground to hold the entire character up. Shoot, I might even put a sign up in front of the PVC and place the tightrope right next to/on top of the bushes in the front so really hide it. The goal is to have the rope as taut as possible without the character interfering with its movement. My character's also going to be wearing a rather large skirt, so any movement in the rope will be matched by the character's fabric.

I'm just using a green rope I found at Dollar Tree that matches my color scheme and a couple dedicated floodlights to make sure you see the rope and the walker at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts