Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been quite a long time since I have posted any of my Halloween stuff but I thought some of you might get a kick out of this one. this year I let my son decide what we were going to do for our build. A few months ago he wanted a S.W.A.T. costume. Great...I have an E350 Van that would be simple to turn into a S.W.A.T. vehicle...no problem...loads of time. Wellll, he changed his mind and decided he wanted to be a Storm Trooper, actually, Luke Skywalker disguised as a Storm Trooper. Naturally that means I needed to be Darth Vader and that means that I needed a ride fitting enough for the dark side.

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
A man after my own heart! Too bad were not closer to combine efforts on a full star wars halloween. My speederbike needs a tow vehicle to make "it fully operational"! Well done!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A man after my own heart! Too bad were not closer to combine efforts on a full star wars halloween. My speederbike needs a tow vehicle to make "it fully operational"! Well done!

Frightshow I've looked through your builds. Your work is nothing short of amazing. Are you doing Star Wars next year as well?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Frightshow I've looked through your builds. Your work is nothing short of amazing. Are you doing Star Wars next year as well?
Hey Chili - thanks for the compliment... But man - A fully driveable Tie? Totally love it and can't wait to see more. I change the theme every year, so this is probably my only Star Wars theme for a while.

Oh - and you're probably all over this, but make sure to post your tie over at therpf.com. Those guys would love to see this too!

Excellent work - amazing execution!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the compliments everyone. The last few days have been a whirlwind of activity. We had to get as much done on Friday as possible so we could have the shop emptied out for our annual pumpkin carving on Saturday. Pumpkin carving went great and we had about 18 kids plus their parents having a blast. Sunday morning it was time to clean the shop again and get back to work finishing up the wings and doing some minor tweaks here and there. tie 12.jpg
tie 13.jpg
tie 14.jpg
tie 16.jpg
tie 19.jpg
tie 20.jpg
tie 21.jpg
Halloween day was a whole different story all together. By 3:00 p.m. the Tie Fighter was completely done (or at least as done as it was going to be). This would be the time that things start heading south. My buggy had been sitting all summer because we don't ride when the ticks are out in droves so I knew I would need to clean the carb. and change the oil. By 4:30 p.m. it's time to hit the key and make some noise. It wouldn't start, I had no spark. By 5:15 it's time to look at plan B which was swapping the Tie Fighter onto my buddy's identical buggy so we pull it into the shop. Test fired it and it starts up so we go to work removing the roll cage so we can just swap them out since the entire Fighter is mounted to the roll cage.
tie 22.jpg
tie 24.jpg
tie 25.jpg
All is well in the world now, right? WRONG!!! Now the other won't start. Blah Blah Blah...By 7:00 p.m. we close up shop, get in the car and meet up with everyone else. On the up side, I'm going to have a super easy year next (accept for the X-Wing we are going to build to go along with this one.).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amazing build. How were able to make those triangular corners of the tie fighter? You can see two of them behind your son
That is the same material I used on the Solar Wings, it's called Plasticore, it's a corrugated plastic just like cardboard. I have a local supplier that sells it in 4x8 sheets and it comes in multiple colors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts