Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
A few weeks ago i had to change from witches ball to Pirates theme (long story!) anyway i had loads of bits from my sons pirate birthday party so not been too bad to sort out.

Anyway, I have a sort of treasure/scavenger hunt round my house linked to pirate props - some have part of a photo of something, some are riddles n rhymes and the answer to riddle is where they find the next, some are things like how much is on....wanted poster. There is 16 kids going to be at my house and about 12 adults - i plan for this to only be done by the kids (BUT if i can come up with some harder questions for the adults then they can join in as well - may be funny after a few too many drunken parrot cocktails!)

*Here's where i'm after your help. What could i use as a tie break question linked to Pirates if 2 or more kids get the same score? * (I know i'm safe on here to ask for this as none of you will be at my party).

i appreciate its hard with you not knowing my house, its layout or all of my props etc but i will try and help you out abit. I'm in the uk in a 3bed (out of bounds) semi-detached house, the lounge is L shape, i have a front and back garden. Front garden has part of a ship (made from pallets via my 14yr old son) and has 2 cannons and will have a skeleton sat inside it, also has a mast and sails. On the front wall of house we have a skeleton in a cage hanging near upstairs windows, as well as 3 flags 1 from each small window. From small bedroom window at front there is a skeleton hanging in a set of stocks. There will be spot lights on in garden, there are beware and dont enter signs going on the grass as well as ragged bunting. The lounge has a window "backdrop" of a ship with rigging and mast and crows nest, and on the floor infront of it is a TNT barrel (with my smoke machine inside) and a wooden chest with gunpowder images and to other side of ship is poison and crackers in cardboard crates. my dvd shelves have been emptied of dvds and are now full of the captains treasure and on top of my dog crate is a treasure chest full of bits n bobs - jewels, necklaces,tankards etc. in the other part of my lounge (small part of L) is my sofa and a 4ft teddy dressed as a pirate with a cardboard rum barrel and cardboard box of grog. the kitchen has been turned into a makeshift tavern called the drunken parrot and has various pub signs and a noticeboard and will also be home to food n driinks. my stair walls are covered in wanted posters in the rogues gallery/most wanted. (this is a question in the hunt of how many). my bathroom is the mermaids lagoon and has a mermaid sat in my bath along with mermaid rules and sea bits (tutle bath mat, shells etc). My toilet is being named the poop deck and has a pirate sat on the loo as a door covering and will have random quotes and "toilet humor songs" being played via an mp3 player. also upstairs are the 3 bedrooms all out of bounds, but on the landing area will be a singing pirate. back garden will be home to the gazebo named the dead mans chest and be where the smokers are sat, and my decking are is being named the quarter deck.

i hope that you can help me out,

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,810 Posts
You could do a timed word scramble for the X number of finalists. Have it printed out in advance just in case.
PIRATE PARLAY!
How many words can you make from the words PIRATE TREASURE!
You have THREE MINUTES (get a timer, or even better find a good song that is around 3 minutes and add in buzzer sound towards the end)

Or even more silly/fun: Pirate Prance!
Dance off! Each scallywag finalist gets a chance to show off their best pirate dance moves! Get a basic timer, set up a little area, and play the song below(repeat if you have more than 3 finalists) and tell them to do their best/silly dance moves. Score by applause/host's choice/votes.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Role the dice. No skill so everyone is on equal footing, just luck of the roll. Any dice would do, but I think the big dice that Dollar Tree had would be fun for little kids to roll. You could make it 3 rolls and total of the dice faces for high point wins.

BTW I'm sure dice has been around for a long time and during pirate times they would have played it too.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What is the name of the Pirates Flag? Jolly Roger

How many men on a dead man's chest? 15

The name of Capt. Jack Sparrow's ship? The Black Pearl

What is the name of Capt. Davy Jones' ship? The Flying Dutchman

What was the name of Blackbeard's ship? Queen Anne's Revenge

Was Blackbeard a real pirate? Yes

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great answers. I was going to say dice as well. Luck of the roll. " shake them bones " Sounds like an awesome set up. Pictures? Have fun! 🎃🎃🎃

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
thanks for replies. the dice sounds a good option (or could be used as another game if not needed), as most here will be teenagers they may not want to do a dance off! the words from ..... is a good thought and i like some of the questions - i wouldnt have got them all. i've added few pics to here but will add an album after the parrty.
meet george, he will be the cannon master of the ship in front garden.

boxes of poison and crackers - supermarket boxes sliced open and fold logo inside, re-taped and then wood effect sticky back plastic around edges and ;abels and netting added.
the treasure chest

start of georges ship, more has been done to it

home made treasure/sea chest - box was a cheap plastic chest,i painted it, shells n seaweed from local beach again i painted them, beads from craft box, netting was from chocolate coins that have gone in party bags and there is sea glass in it as well

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,
thanks for replies. the dice sounds a good option (or could be used as another game if not needed), as most here will be teenagers they may not want to do a dance off! the words from ..... is a good thought and i like some of the questions - i wouldnt have got them all. i've added few pics to here but will add an album after the parrty.
View attachment 723477 meet george, he will be the cannon master of the ship in front garden.

View attachment 723478 boxes of poison and crackers - supermarket boxes sliced open and fold logo inside, re-taped and then wood effect sticky back plastic around edges and ;abels and netting added.
View attachment 723479 the treasure chest

View attachment 723480 start of georges ship, more has been done to it

View attachment 723482 home made treasure/sea chest - box was a cheap plastic chest,i painted it, shells n seaweed from local beach again i painted them, beads from craft box, netting was from chocolate coins that have gone in party bags and there is sea glass in it as well
Awesome awesome job. Especially love the creativity of it all. But the polly crackers boxes. Wow so cool. Love them. 🦜☠

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome awesome job. Especially love the creativity of it all. But the polly crackers boxes. Wow so cool. Love them. 🦜☠
thank you. i try and make all props every year as cheap as i possibly can, and recycle stuff to do it. things like the sticky back plastic i had in craft cuboard, the netting ive had from previous years, the labels were printed and laminated (so again can be kept for future pirate dos - possibly birthdays with 3 sons). also living only 1.5miles from the beach i'm lucky to be able to get thinks like shells n sea glass (in small treasure chests) for free. And we've also managed to pick up loads of old rope (from fishing ships we think) thats washed up, as well as some non broken glass bottles, and fishing crates.

IF i am able to keep props i do, i box them up linked to theme and put loft/attic. i have sooooo many from previous years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts