• Clear Lights

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks, I need some input here! I have finished my tickets sign I started yesterday but am having a hard time deciding what lights I want to use. I have multi colored lights and then I have clear lights. Below are videos of both in action. Please tell me what you like best! Thanks!
:D.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/frontyardfright/2009/TicketsSign/?action=view&current=DSCN0275.flv

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/frontyardfright/2009/TicketsSign/?action=view&current=DSCN0278.flv

·
Registered
346 Posts
#1 looks a lot more slick, for some reason. And if you are using it to grab patrons' attention, I think it is the best, as well. By the way, the relay-effect conjured so many great carnival memories. Suddenly I have a craving for candied apples and cotton candy:D.

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
The multi-colored lights look more like an authentic carnival but the clear is more scary to me. Like it indicates the carnival is a little off, like there could be something wrong here. Plus, I suggest have some of the lights not work. Again, to give an uneasy feeling. The place isn't maintained. Uh oh......

My 2 cents :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I voted the multi colored too - the white actually seems too bright, I don't know why it hit me that way.... but I definitely liked the first one much better. The white one seems to light up the entire sign, where as the multi you only see the letters... oh heck, I don't know what I'm saying!

Maybe I would like the white better if you tried Terra's idea and had some not working... so it wouldn't seem so bright, and... well... new?

·
Shadow box dancer
1,393 Posts
The multi colored looks more festive. I personally think the clear look too business like. Plus someone else mentioned having a few lights strategically out, but maybe you could put a couple on a flicker circuit to truly make it look like something is amiss. Great work!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for your input! I've decided to go with the colored bulbs... However I'm going to have each letter be a solid color. That was my original intent, but I didn't have enough bulbs.

I ordered some more bulbs online so I'll have enough for all the letters... I'll post picks some time this week when I get the bulbs in!
:).

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
The multi-colored lights look more like an authentic carnival but the clear is more scary to me. Like it indicates the carnival is a little off, like there could be something wrong here. Plus, I suggest have some of the lights not work. Again, to give an uneasy feeling. The place isn't maintained. Uh oh......

My 2 cents :)
I agree Terra. I think the clear lights are really scary looking. I think the the mulit colored is much more inviting looking. where as the clear have a creep forboading kind of feel to them.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
opps. Never mind. Just saw the finished sign. I actually like the letters the soild colors. looks better than your first muliti colored sign. Nice job! I think someones idea on a flicker circut might be kind of cool if thats an option.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,393 Posts
I agree Terra. I think the clear lights are really scary looking. I think the the mulit colored is much more inviting looking. where as the clear have a creep forboading kind of feel to them.
I just have to applaud that the fact that you used the word foreboding. It isn't too often that pops up in daily conversation. Awesome.

Oh and I like the new solid letters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts