Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a lot of inspiration from forum members who have made grandfather clocks. And here is what I came up with....

Started with some tall skinny boxes I found in garbage. Spray painted them with basic shape of clock cut outs

grandfather clock project 001 BOX grey.jpg

Corpsed the clock with paper towels and watered down glue mix....

haunted house progress 2014 grandfather clock corpsing.jpg

Stained it redwood brownish color -it looks very bloody in person

haunted house progress 2014 CLOCK 003 box corpsed reddish brown.jpg

Corpsed an old blow mold skeleton and used his bones and skeleton for clock parts

hallwoeen haunted house progress 2014 clock 002.jpg

Added a red uplight at base of clock, put blinking eyes inside of the skull pendulum, and added several flashing LEDs behind the face of the clock itself (where the numbers are). In the dark room it looks cool with the lights inside it.

hallwoeen haunted house progress 2014 clock 005.jpg

Oh yeah, and I made a skull with bat wings for the topper out of foam and an old foam skull I had laying around.

I am GLAD I am done- this project took me longer than I had hoped! I am ready to move on to a bout a million other planned projects for the year!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Love the whole project and concept. What did you use for the clock face. It is awesome!

Eric

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It was fun to do....The clock face is an actual working clock I got at Ross for like $15. I really want a see through clock so I could add back lights behind the numbers and face.
Love the whole project and concept. What did you use for the clock face. It is awesome!

Eric

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
OMG 3PP, that came out fantastic. Very dark and creepy. The flames at the bottom...nice touch. And that clock face is just so totally right on. Bravo! The kids are going to love it!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WolfBeard
LAke of the Dead
Ghost of Spookie
MAtirx Mom
Lizzie Borden:
THANKS so much! I am happy with the end results. I am also happy I moved this giant thing OUT of the garage/work space and into the attic.
You know what that means? Time to move onto my NEXT project! Whoo Hooo... I am on Halloween Fire this year!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
oh your clock turned out great!! The lighting really makes it. and I really like the bat wing thingy on top.

Don't you just love that feeling you get when make something so awesome out of boxes!!!
I hope all those people who attend the festival appreciate all the hard work you are putting into this. I wished i lived close enough to see it in person. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Funny you say this OFF MY MEDS..... I am sure the work will be appreciated, but for me, volunteering to chair the school's Fall Festival is really just an excuse to play with my hobby/passion for the next 7 months! lol==== It's more FUN than work for sure!

oh your clock turned out great!! The lighting really makes it. and I really like the bat wing thingy on top.

Don't you just love that feeling you get when make something so awesome out of boxes!!!
I hope all those people who attend the festival appreciate all the hard work you are putting into this. I wished i lived close enough to see it in person. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts