Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to set up a small Thunderstorm effect for my hallway. Can anyone steer me towrds a product that will produce the effect on the cheap? Im not sure whether to get a thunder strobe or a lighting controller. Can anyone offer some advice? Something motion activated would be prefferable as I would like the effect to trigger when someone enters the hallway.

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
Of course you'll have to build it and that particular kit is only rated for 200W. They also sell kits that will handle more watts.

·
Hauntless
8,340 Posts
Here's something from Fright Props that was used last year that is triggerable (used a floor trigger) but you could also use a motion sensor. This was a bit of a learning curve as I used one controller and realized that an upgraded one was needed:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Has anyone ever run across a color organ designed for triggering LEDs? I want to created a led "light bulb" that flickers (as though it is shorting out) along with accompanying electrical "zapping" noise.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions everyone :) Looks like the perfect storm option will fit my needs best. Its indoors so ambient noise wont be much of an issue. Thanks again everyone!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts