Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace an old all in one unit that I had bought a few years ago at Fry's. Does anyone know of a descent onr that does not cost an arm and a leg? I have read about a color organ? Any help would be great.

Paul

·
Banned
101 Posts
Single Channel Color Organ Kit-The Electronic Goldmine

C4738 - 120VAC Single Channel Color Organ Kit

1-Channel Color Organ Sound-to-Light Mini Kit MK103

there are plenty more where these came from .
They are called SINGLE CHANNEL COLOR ORGAN ( kits ) .
Do a GOOGLE search for them and come up with all you want . At different price ranges as well .
You can try on EBAY also , but beware .. there are sellers on there that will rip you blind if you let them .
I am a DIY'er and prefer to build my own ( thats why I listed the links to kits ), but , if your looking for one thats already done , and in an enclosure , then the one listed above is the way to go .

I built my own , and put it right inside the outdoor spotlight holder that way , its all in one , and I used a simply RCA moounted in the side of the socket to receive the audio input line .

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,457 Posts
If you can solder pretty well , I have had good results with the Vellman MK110 kit. It will handle up to a 120 watt light and is rated @ 1 amp. I can't remember where I got them from, I used 4 in a single enclosure so I could have the lightning effect in different places. Just do a search for Velleman.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Go for the one that Gorey recommended. I use two of them so I can run 500W of photoflood bulbs. Very reliable and you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go for the one that Gorey recommended. I use two of them so I can run 500W of photoflood bulbs. Very reliable and you can't beat the price.
Definitely.

I have one of the Halloween versions - with great results. When I saw the Christmas clearance on them I jumped all over it. I have two of those in a box just waiting for October.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
A simple yet great product! The prices for these vary greatly, from $9.99 to $50, so be advised.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Those work great. You will need to provide your own thunder soundtrack. Then you can have the unit sence the sound from speakers, or better yet, play it straight to the input jack. The cool thing about this is the louder the sound, the brighter the flickering lights.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just ordered the light kit from lighter side. May be cheaper than building. I will test and post a follow up when received.

·
Registered
21 Posts
light organ

The color organ is nice.I have a 3 channel hooked up to my stereo.I am also able to plug in a strob light,adjust the strobe to your taste,lightinning.you can find color organs on ebay,cheap,and in time to play around with before
Booween.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those work great. You will need to provide your own thunder soundtrack. Then you can have the unit sence the sound from speakers, or better yet, play it straight to the input jack. The cool thing about this is the louder the sound, the brighter the flickering lights.
The nice thing is there are a LOT of T&L tracks out there that folks have created for using with them - I believe on my ftp are 2 versions.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What are these photobulbs you speak of?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just google photo-flood or if you really want to save some money, just get indoor 150-250 watt flood bulbs (they are the same envelope)

Photo-floods are not color corrected to be blue white like lightning, they are color corrected to work with film, which is best suited with lighting to be around 3200K if memory serves me right, which is quite yellow.

For that kind of light you can just as easily buy exterior incandescent floods and not have the go kapoowie if it happens to rain.

Or save energy and replacement costs over time and go LED.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts