Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, love the forum...

This will be the 3rd annual Halloween party me and my wife has thrown, and this year will be even bigger and better...

Our biggest draw is the ( Bar Format ) trivia game... Team based, and not so structured so we don't have to keep people quite or organized... People love it, and the winning team gets a bottle of liquor of their choice...

I want to add another game, and I like the Winking murder game, but not sure how that will play out with music dancing and not too many people paying attention... but we may do it.

Are their games, or things you guys have done in a party atmosphere that really worked? Were expecting 35 people or more, music, and low lights, all in costumes.

I've read a lot of idea that seem more suited to small gatherings that just won't work in a multi room, loud party.

And the key is to get the most involved, not to make a "We're not playing room" and a "were playign room" Which is why Trivia rocks, everyone can group up and jsut socialize while people come up with answers...

Does anyone else have another Killer idea?

1st year we tried Deal or No Deal... and early it was fun, but in reality you had one person playing, everyone else watching... Win Lose or Draw based on Halloween stuff is good, but you end up catering to about 10 people...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I heard someone, I think MHoch say they did Halloween Catch Phrase this year. Have you ever played Catch Phrase, or should I explain? I seems sorta like trivia where everyone could be involved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah explain...

One thing is with things that make people have to hear, that cuts the music off for the people who don't, which typically ruins it...

For Trivia, we only have to turn down the music for a second while we give them the question, then we turn it back up...

I think based on reading so more stuff, we're gonna go with the Winking Murderer game... I bet that is fun...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have you looked at the "Tempt Your Fate" thread? That's a fun game that people can choose/not choose to play and minimum disruption - just turn down the music for the draw and reveal, then back to the party. We're adding it to our Rock Band Monster Mash this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts