Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm revamping my Throne of Bones for this year. I do a photo op in front of my yard for the ToTs. The line actually gets pretty long, since they have time to stroll around our cul-de-sac.

This year I'm adding more bones all over, and I'm debating how to paint it. I was thinking gloss black, but I'm having my doubts. I had also thought about going with all white, but it's after Labor Day. :p I'm also entertaining painting it all white then dumping bright red over the top of it and letting it drain down onto the chair and arms.

Suggestions? I'll post pics as this month goes on.

throne of bones.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Oh my. I think I'd love it no matter what color you paint it - that's fabulous.

Oh! What about a deep glossy red with black in the low points?

·
Registered
310 Posts
What if you 'corpsed' it. Melted plastic stained dark red or black.....would help tie the bones into the chair an make it look more organic. I might do that now that I threw it out there as an idea.

I would (and might) paint the chair a matte black, corpse the bones, use red mahogany stain on the plastic, Matte clear on all of it (to keep it from coming off on clothes and costumes). That might look killer.

Good luck. Following along to see what you do.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Added bones behind and around the skulls, more to come. Found some plastic chains I may incorporate. Probably adding a few small and tiny skellies tomorrow, then paint sometime this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
That is brilliant! And the little skellies sit like a crown above it. I like the idea of corpsing it... Maybe with some red velvet cushions or at least some deep red somewhere... Sure it'll be fab whatever you do with it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm spreading rubber cement on the slats and wrapping with "creepy cloth" to give it some depth. We'll see what happens when I try and paint it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts