Halloween Forum banner

Thrift store shopping???????

718 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hannibal 
I had to laugh...My mom knows I go all out for Halloween and I was telling her about the props I got and she said "You know Halloween is evil". ROFLMA I said well it was ok when you guys took us trick or treating and it was ok when you granddaughter was going trick or treating but now this year it's evil. So I did what any good daughter would do...I told my 12 year old daughter, who was in the other room,what grandma had just said and my daughter proceeded to bust my mother nonstop...in a fun kind of way...I think she got the hint..I still laugh when I think of her saying that. OOOOOO the evil...lol

I went to one of our local thrift stores as I usually do each week,they had some costumes and a few props for sale,as I was paying for my items the cashier told me that she got a phone call ,the caller was upset because the store was a church related entity and should not be selling halloween items at all ,the cashier then told me that they were thinking of quiting the sale of halloween related items because she did not want to upset anyone, WELL mad as hell I told her that I would be VERY UPSET if they did stop selling halloween items and she just laughed, I think maybe that changed her mind as us halloweeners have feelings too huh. Im telling you folks ....its a sad world we live in now days............

You know what I just realized? They were going to try and make someone who CALLED the store to complain happy as opposed to someone standing with CASH IN HAND MAKING A PURCHASE from their store. Wow, how backward is that? I'd be more worried about the person handing over money than I would be about the caller who was bored and had nothing better to do than complain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.