Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went browsing at the local thrift store last night and saw these two items...I didn't buy them, but seeem like they could be used for some evil purpose.

The bassinet was $6

The twin bed spring frame was $15

I'm thinking of going back and getting them tonight...I can stick my "baby" in the basssinet

but I need to figure out a use for the frame...obviously the first thing that comes to mind is trying to electrify it like the one in rambo...

Also saw a couple wedding dresses...$40 and $20... is that expensive?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I love them both and at a great price. My other half would kill me for bringing home more "stuff" but, you could really use them. Put some lights in the basinet so it glows upward and stick some gory babies hanging out or one that has it's head spin around. The frame you can use as a torture rack, electrical rack, or a grate over a large "hole to hell".

Tell us what you finally come up with.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Great find on the bassanit, the bed frame I'v sceen better deals on tough, but it's not to bad because it can be used for many years to come. The wedding dress don't seem to be to bad. A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find a wedding dress for$10.00 that was complete with a vail.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy Shopping.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I love the bassinet! I could see me aging and distressing it, adding a tattered ceiling mounted net, and adding your adorable baby. Be sure to give him his own little up-light. Add some creepy 'nursery music' and some twisted toys and you've got a whole haunted nursery themed room goin' on!

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,527 Posts
Wow.... such great minds and demented ideas! I thought I was bad. You guys are all just as sick as me. :p

I love the idea of glowing lights coming out of the bassinet. I'd probably crush it a little before weathering it. You could crush it so it tilts forward a little so you can see into it from several feet away. I'd probably try and use compact fluorescent blacklights with it to get a nice eery feel. :)

I'd probably pass on the bed myself. It's too large and cumbersome to deal with and store, but that's just my opinion.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
The baby that's with the dead bunny, is that the baby you plan on using in the bassinet? You could get happy baby sounds playing from the bassainet. When guest go up to look they'll see that demon baby. The lighting idea is also great.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,527 Posts
Oh yeah, don't forget to build some kind of zombie mother to go with the bassinet. That'll add to the creep factor.

·
Registered
346 Posts
...or scattered, gnawed-on body parts from the tot's mysteriously missing parental units. Along with a soothing lullaby to accompany the scene, junior coos: "mommy? Dad-dad? mmm...yum yum...giggle...dad-dad yum-yum...hehehe..."
The bassinet is an excellent find, and I'm amazed by the price. There's just too much you could do with it:D.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Great finds! I would have to go back and get the bassinet. 20 isn't bad for a dress at a thrift shop. I saw a wedding dress I almost got when I was planning on doing Terra's beloved, but had to put it on hold for a while. i can't remember if it was 20 or 25. but it would have been worth it! even had the bustling in the back

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well bummer...I went straight after work and the bassinet was gone...

I like all the ideas and I think I might keep looking for another bassinet or a stroller.....the stroller would work because I could leave it sitting out by the sidewalk and people would think nothing of it as they approached...

too many evil ideas to turn back now

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tough break on the bassinet! I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when a local theater company was selling off a bunch of old props and costumes--I found an Addams Family-style creepy, black antique baby buggy. But after I lugged it down three flights of stairs they decided they didn't want to sell it.
The stroller sounds like a good replacement for you -- I think I may try a crib. Love to see what you end up doing.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Too bad about the bassinet!! I absolutely LOVED the creepy ideas everyone had. That's great that you shop year round with Halloween in mind. Walmart is starting to put out the Lawn and Garden stuff and they have an angel on a podium, and the first thing I thought was "that would look great in a cemetery"!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I love your evil baby! And all the ideas people came up would be really neat. It's just very different. It would be unexpected. I'm sure if you can't find another bassinet, it wouldn't be hard to find a stroller at a thrift store for a decent price.

And is that chicken bones in your rabbit?

Too bad about the bassinet!! I absolutely LOVED the creepy ideas everyone had. That's great that you shop year round with Halloween in mind. Walmart is starting to put out the Lawn and Garden stuff and they have an angel on a podium, and the first thing I thought was "that would look great in a cemetery"!!
I saw the same thing and told my husband it'd be cool. He said, "Not for $40 it wouldn't." Boo.

I found this bottle the other day. I figured I could use it somewhere...

Halloween 2009 album | Jim | Fotki.com
That's neat. I really should start watching thrift stores more closely. My mother in law is always telling me bout the cool stuff she finds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts