Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these at a Salvation Army Thrift Store - Metal Umbrella stands with 7 inch spikes on the bottom

My thought is that these will make great stands for props

They were marked @ $3.99 each but were half price !

Have found them on the internet @ $15.00 !

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Great find! I think they would work great for PVC frames. Just make sure you use the right size. :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just a note if the spikes are 7" long, try not to put hole in the yard sprinklers or other underground lines. LOL

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
Similar option for prop support

I bought these tiki stakes (2 for $5) from BIG LOTS a few months ago with similar thoughts about using for prop poles. Think I posted about them back in the Halloween Watch 2008 thread (which is now over 100 pages). With patio stuff out in most stores they should be easy to find, if not at Big Lots, elsewhere. Certainly if you like to use tiki torches in your yard, this stake will do double duty after summer is over.

BTW I saw these tiki stake at Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond last summer in both white and green.

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from another thrift store that was having an half price day

Got a shiatsu massager for $2
Couple of glass bottles with cork stoppers for $1 each

Not much else I could use for halloween but still a good score :)

·
Reaper Queen
8,798 Posts
great find, Herman, I was at thrift stores yesterday but found nothing, sigh,,,,
but I did get a box of pumpkins(plastic and 1 funkin) ghost and pumpkin lights, and fall leave garlands for a dollar,at a garage sale, I don't usually use pumpkins like that, but thought I would give it a shot for a buck

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Gotta love the army/navy stores! They have all kinds of potential halloween things... machetes... clothing... grenades.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I shoulda got this last night, but talked myself out of it. But I'll go back tonight and grab it if it's still there. It's only $10

You pull down on the arms and the footpad comes up towards ya...so I figure if I turn the arms around and build a "creature" then I can have it laying down, then a stomp on the footpad will spring it up to scare the carp outta the ToTs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts