Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three stooges dvds on sale at Amazon. I looked on Amazon this weekend and found the Three Stooges dvds on sale for $13.99 a piece. I have always wanted to get them but I could only find a few on dvd at a time and they were usually the same ones every time. They have the collection digitally remastered and in order of release. I thought that was cool. So far they have 4 dvd with a fifth coming out. Each with about 25 shows a piece on them. I bought all four this weekend.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Blakkheart, I love the Three Stooges! I saw them live and in person once when I was about 7 years old in Chicago, my dad took me, I don't know who was more excited to meet Moe, Shemp and Larry. When I was about 30 there was a Three Stooges Film Festival in Tempe, AZ. It was an 8 hour marathon at a movie theatre and I was there for that, too. I think my all-time favorite is when they're college students at an elite dinner and all the rich people try to eat like they did, eating peas with knives, etc. Congrats on finding the great deal on Amazon! Knuck, Knuck, Knuck!

·
Resident Lunatic
1,771 Posts
Love the Stooges. Some people say that they don't like Shemp. I like Shemp as much as the rest of them. Don't care much for Joe Besser or Joe DeRita. But Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp were comedy artists. Their slapstick comedy still holds up today, at least for me. I'd love to own a collection like that, but my budget won't allow it right now. I just have nine episodes on VHS.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never liked Joe Besser either but Joe DeRita earned my respect in the movie. When I learned that even though they thought that the reunion of the Three Stooges was going to be a bad mistake and not make any money, Joe Derita was still willing to give it a try. And was honoured to be asked by them to play the third stooge. They haven't played them in Dallas for years. Thats why I want the dvds. No matter what day your having the Three Stooges make all of it drift away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts