Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally going to upgrade my fogger this year and have been trying to decide what to get. Currently I use those crappy 400 watt foggers that take 5 minutes to warm up again after cycling. I can't spend a huge amount of money, but I'm thinking the VEI V935 might be just what I need. I know some of you have experience with the VEI foggers, and am interested in what you think abou them. I tried searching for them on google, and I can't find anything about them except from minonsweb (which is where I will probably order it from). Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention what I'm using it for. I will be piping some of the fog to my stirring witch cauldron and pumping the rest in the cemetery. I don't need huge volumes of fog, I want fog more often and consistent with less warm up time between cycles.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I probably am not any help....since I am the source you reference, but if you can locate anyone who attended great lakes fright fest, theey all saw the V935, V950 and the V3000 in action when we fogged out about 10 acres of the campgrounds.

The V935 was really just awesome for the price, the huge amount of fog it makes, and that it comes the timer controller AND the wireless remote really makes the price so worth it.

Like an idiot I didnt shoot any video, mostly because I was laughing too hard at my 2 yr old having a blast in the pea soup fog.

The reason you arent seeing itptromoted, is it is brand spanking new this year, and we are one of the few VEI dealers who keep up to date with them - I was the only one to get the demo units to show at GLFF and MHC.

IF I can get a little free time, am not exhausted and a still night , I plan to get them out and shoot some video.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No matter which company manufacturers the fogger you decide to get . a 400 watter , is still a 400 watt heating element and will still require about the same warm up time as the next one . I , myself , personally , have MUCH better luck and performance with the "cheapo" foggers, than a Chauvet I regretfully purchased. ( Reason - the heating element does not match out to what they claimed and YES , there is a noticable difference when comparing to warm up or regen times . )
Which ever unit you decide to go with , remember .. a 400 watt heating element is a 400 watt heating element and will STILL require the SAME warm up time and regenerate time . What makes the difference to me is NOT the fogger ( machine ) , but rather the fog juice you choose . Myself , I would NOT use anything other than FROGGYS.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I probably am not any help....since I am the source you reference, but if you can locate anyone who attended great lakes fright fest, theey all saw the V935, V950 and the V3000 in action when we fogged out about 10 acres of the campgrounds.
I don't see the V950 on your site. Do you carry them? I have one already and really like it.....I would love to see video off a fog-off between all the VEI machines

·
Registered
285 Posts
Scatterbrains - We carry the V950 still, tho it is much more expensive this year (Taiwan manufacturing costs went thru the roof!)
Minions Web

The V930 is discontinued but we still have 1-2 in stock.

Wonderboy, the V935 is a 1200 watt machine, not one of the Chauvet not 700 watt, not 1000 watt machines like I think you are alluding to.

I am not a fan of the Chauvets either, I have 7 here, all crapped out. in all different sizes too.

Xpendable - thanks for sticking with us on the LED bulbs, and I am glad you like them - we have improved on them again this year, plus the 4 new colors, and 4 new sizes. I hope we have enough coming!

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
I have a couple of very old VEI foggers. One of them is the model that later became the 935, the other became the 950. They are still workhorses after several years use at a Halloween/costume shop.

I would definitely recommend them!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why is the VEI V960 cheaper than the smaller watt foggers?
The V935, V960 and V3000 are brand new models from VEI, and they are made in China.

The other models are made in Taiwan.
The other models used to be very similarly priced to the new models, but Taiwan's production costs went through the roof this year.
The price increased drastically for the older models.

That is why the V960 is cheaper than some of the lower wattage models.

Bang for the buck, I like the V935, but if you want DMX control, go for the V960 or V3000.

That reminds me, I need to add the DMX comtrols to the store....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Was just looking through the minions web website and I like the price of the v929 but if the stats are correct the v935 will put out over double the fog as the v929. Does this seem to hold true or am I mainly paying for the extra bells and whisles. I am more interested in lots of fog than having a wireless remote and I could get two v929s for cheaper than one v935.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sent an email to Corey just now I ordered my v935 about 2 weeks ago but I believe he was waiting for them to be shipped to him he had an eta of about the 25th so hopefully he has got them and will ship out soon.

·
Registered
285 Posts
They were delayed.
I am pretty sure the boat is supposed to be on dock today, so container offload tomorrow, then customs.
I was told I should have them late this week early next.

I tried to call earlier today, but I think they were closed.
I am sold out of what I ordered (already bumped up 4x what I ordered in May) but I have 3 others who want at leat another 4, and I want 2. So I will likely ask for another 8-12 if they will be available.

So 935 960 V3000 and 950s are coming soon/shipping out.

BTW, at the moment I hate LED bulbs. We just labeled 3300 of them, packed I can't even remember how many orders and the order pile is still 2-3 inches tall....

1 - 20 of 151 Posts