Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Well that just made me want to start building pneumatic props.

·
Registered
916 Posts
After watching the video a 2nd time I noticed that none of his props appear to be terribly complicated and he uses a lot of sound and strobe lights to create the affect. My question is are there instant on strobe lights out there? I am use to strobes having to warm up for a few seconds...that is not the case in this video.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Very cool, my question is how do you get the motion of that wildly flailing prop?
I would love to see how that is built, i cant figure it out.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
oooh yeah the wild flailing prop girl thingy, I want to know how to do that do???

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
This is the best video I've seen in a LONG time for a haunt. Most are corny with Cheesy soundtracks.... I really enjoyed this one... What's he building in there!!! Please master teach me how! I long to know. It makes me sad that we already have a complete project list and budget for this years haunt/party... Can't change things without approval....I think next year though, we DEFINITELY get the pneumatic prop thing in action (especially after seeing this video!)

·
Registered
132 Posts
For all of you wondering about that narration- it is a song by Tom Waits from the "Mule Variations" album put out in '99.

·
Registered
316 Posts
After watching the video a 2nd time I noticed that none of his props appear to be terribly complicated and he uses a lot of sound and strobe lights to create the affect. My question is are there instant on strobe lights out there? I am use to strobes having to warm up for a few seconds...that is not the case in this video.
I didn't know strobes had to warm up...unlike fluorescent bulbs. For one of my props I had my strobe plugged into a motion detector along with the solenoid and as soon as the sensor was tripped the strobe flashed. I assume all modern strobes do this...and mine was from 2000'ish

1 - 20 of 33 Posts