Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year this comes up. I am going to REMEDY the situation this year, one way or the other.

I found I can point a pin spot at the photo sensor and turn off a light, but I worried about upsetting neighbors by doing that. Probably irrational, since there are currently no neighbors serviced by the lights in question... but people can be stupid.

Some people talked about covering the lights, which I don't think I would ever try. How hot do they get?

Two options left are:
1 - a device that clamps onto the post to block light on my side only.
2 - big screen or camo netting up high to at least block some of the light.

I am going to try option 1. Any ideas on a clamping device that maybe would let me clamp at the bottom and push it up the post, and retrieve it later?

·
Child of the Machine
748 Posts
Yeah, i need help with this problem too...my whole house is turned bronze at night by those annoying streetlights; plus i'm a corner house, so i get it really bad.

I dont think i can do option's one nor two, but you spoke of a laser pointer at the daylight sensor, how does that work? How would you hook it up?

Thanks!
Anthony

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have this same problem and with me being on the corner, Ive got about five all pointing at my house. haha. I'm thinking about doing your Number 1. idea. I'm so nervous to do this though because I don't want a lawsuit going down for someone falling or something because of no "lighting". Even though my house will be putting off enough lighting for people to see. Gah, I wish lawsuits weren't so often these days. :confused:

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can rig a laser pointer provided you have added enough battery power to keep it going, and provided you can get the angle you need.
http://www.planet.uk.com/qc/laser.htm

The method that works for me is to point a spotlight at the light. However, that darkens the street. I am looking for a solution to just block the light from hitting my house.

I also live on a corner lot, so we have 3 lights just for us, plus 2 across the street and others in the neighborhood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts