Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm far too excited I got these stupid things this year. Last year I was going nuts looking for the original gemmy 9" fire and ice dragon to no avail .. They were out so stock everyplace. So I vowed next year. Well I bought the original sitting one this morning through Home Depot. Was all excited .. Well imagine my surprise when Lowes had a different standing one available this year! My store had it in stock.. So I bought it online then ran over to get it like a greedy little kid in a candy store. Lol I knew once they unpacked Halloween here they'd be gone!

So now I have one for the house roof and one for the cottage roof! I think my skeletons will be holding them down in chains. ;)

Here's the Lowes one .. We have 10' ceilings, so he's nice size! My corgi Ernie bravely jumped between me and the beast. Although he was ready to run if it lunged. Lol

Click on pic to see video:

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I love Ernie! He looks so much like my daughter's corgi Charlie, who is also not the bravest of dogs but likes to pretend to be. ;)
That dragon is almost enough to make me venture into the world of inflatables!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of inflatables but the lighting on this makes it pretty great. I love your idea of having the skeletons chaining it up! Please post pics when you have it set up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To me dragons conjure up (so punny) castles, evil wizards, heads on pikes .. All that fun stuff' ;)

So as we were sitting around last night .. I blurt out .. You know what I needs? I need a castle!
My husband shrunk so far behind his laptop trying to hide, he all but disappeared. So I'm letting the idea sink in. Lol

Madame Leota .. Ernie's a mess! I love him to pieces .. But he's like having a bossy, loving, mischievous and smart three year old in a fur suit running my life. I don't know what I'd do without him though.:D

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Yes, I agree - you need a castle! I've seen pictures of some amazing facades that don't look too complicated. Or there's always the inflatable variety. Either way, every self respecting dragon must have a castle.

That's the nature of corgis and you can't help but love 'em - and they are scary smart!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well .. I went on a fact finding trip for building a castle facade and materials are expensive! Foam board is $11 a sheet at Lowes .. I figured I'd need at least 9 sheets to just go across the front of the porch .. Plus I'd have two corners to turn and i have to cover up a partial story. Right there is about $200 in foam board, plus another $100 in paint, liquid nails, nails, mounting hardware and misc lumber. I'd say a fair estimate would be around $500 for a castle! Not sure I'll be able to sell hubby on that. He's normally a really good sport .. But that might be pushing it since I just bought two kind of pricey inflatables.:(

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spanishtulip .. That's very neat and gives me something to think about. We always put our display up the first week in October .. So I've never done a build right before Halloween. But that would be very reasonable if the weather cooperated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts