Halloween Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The props in this are Slam Hack in the Box remake, bought spirit props, then zombies 2 that move we constructed utilizing wiper motor/swaying zombie motion, exoricst pneumatic prop, doll is a static prop, but we added the pneumatic device, and last convulsing nurse prop from spirit, we also had 4 actors, Texas Chainsaw, Pinhead, Michael Myers and a zombie actor..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike! Was very possible thanks to a guy named Mike on the hauntforum.com site and his detailed instructions on a prop controller ha named fourbanger, a very cheap way to build a 4 relay controller with audio function and motion detection. We even had our spirit props triggered by motion through these controllers. Total cost of parts was about 30 bucks using arduinos. I was shocked how easy it was I ordered the parts to do 2 and was thinking at best we would be ready for 2016 with them, they ended up being so easy I ordered more parts to build 5 in total and had them ready to work this year vs next.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The prop controller just acted in place of the footpad, but instead of footpad trigger it was motion, I cut the end of the 2pin header off their footpad, and made the 2 wire extension to the relay, so when motion detected it closed relay thus closing circuit like the footpad would do, and the other prop used what looks like a stereo headphone jack, so thats what I used, i cut it figured which 2 wires touched together activated prop, and then wired those to the relay. The prop controller also controlled fog machine, and air blasts in the zombie area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks @billappleton yeah we figured since the lights would not always be on this year from the prop areas due to needing to be set off/triggered we wanted to be sure there was some guide lighting that was not too bright but enough to see the pathway. worked out great, even with the grass that was still growing after we had put it in.. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sounds were GREAT!!! And your description above gives me hope that one day I'll be able to set up scenes with props like this. THANKS FOR SHARING!!!
weeping angel indeed i know you can if we can, we have been doing halloween stuff since like the early 90s, but never had the big dollars to buy the premade prop controllers, even now I could buy them but refuse to throw down 120 bucks to control 1 prop, with building the fourbangers i made like 5 for that price, i used one just for the audio at our entrence, no props, just had ambient music and then every now and then when triggered it would have the voice you heard saying no lighters, no flashlights etc dont touch the props... and the audio at the end for pinhead was the same, just audio triggered by motion..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all, as for exorcist the doll we have had for s long time but was always just a static prop, this year since building the fourbanger prop controller that's when I also took the pneumatic plunge and made the mech that would lift her off the ground, got audio tracks from websites with clips and added to the fourbanger controller.

We don't do any advertising, not this year the last 2 years I put like 10 bucks on Facebook to target local folks, this year I posted on a county page that mainly does yard sales but said folks can post local events too. But I figure from our first year people just yell others, they call people after visiting and tell their friends they have to bring their kids there. Our neighbors ran out of candy at 400 and that was an hour before we shut down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts