Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In September my dad was found to have a shadow on his lung in a chest x-ray, he has smoked since he was 14 and has worked with asbestos. The doctor sent him to hospital for more tests where it was presumed it was cancer. So for the last few weeks we have been living under a cloud, but last week he had a PET scan which showed it wasn't cancer! :) His lung had collapsed and re-inflateded leaving a shadow. So hopefully we've got him for a few more years

·
Delightfully Sinful
2,527 Posts
Wow that must have been the worst couple of weeks. My Dad had a similar scare where they brought up the word cancer. We also had to wait a couple of weeks for the results. He turned out to be OK.

Congrats to you and your Dad on the great news!!

·
Banned
535 Posts
Im glad he is doing well. Whats odd is i also started smoking at 14 and have lived and worked with asbestos for most of my life not on purpose but you run into stuff like that in older homes etc... Makes ya think twice without wearing breathing protection.... again im glad he is doing well now.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
That's good news! Maybe it'll scare him into quitting, or at least cut down on his smoking.
It took a heart attack to finally get my dad to (mostly) quit.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
That's excellent news!!! I'm happy to hear it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts