Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an update to an earlier thread. I posted I would report back my results using this projector for singing pumpkins. I would like to add it is a little pixelated around the edges, but when I took the projector out of focus very slightly they seemed to go away. Of course this is not the best money can buy, but for those on a budget wanting to try singing pumpkins yet are fearful of spending hundreds of dollars, this will work. I projected the image about 6 feet away. If was fairly bright at that distance. I went in to the settings and turned the brightness up a little. I was pretty impressed. So if you are thinking about it , but a little hesitant about spending , I would say it worked for me and I will use it for a display I am doing for my workplace. I don't think it would work well for movies if you want real clarity but the pumpkins were ok. I will post pictures later today after work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G1WYWF0?vs=1

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Danski, yeah this is the very projector I posted on a thread about earlier. I totally agree with you that for Singing Pumpkins so something similar this little projector will work just fine especially for someone like me on a budget.

Here is a link to my thread: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/136173-royal-gardens-singing-pumpkins-3.html
Thank you. It's great to have another members input and results on this one. I was a little skeptical but after seeing it in action I totally agree.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok here it is. I did this with windows open and blinds slightly opened which you can see. Then I turned the lights off. I tried to show how far away the projector was. About 8 feet. The pumpkin on the right doesn't look as good because it's not really on the correct color of orange pumpkin. I still need to get a few different sizes but I used these for the example. It's also a bit more blurry than how I actually recorded it. I think that happened during the upload from my phone. What is on my phone is actually much clearer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=__KYW1r3PAU&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
668 Posts
Quality looks just fine for singing pumpkins. Tried it for any movie quality yet? I'm strongly thinking about picking one up for a small mapping project on my sunken bow. According to its stats (the mini projector) it's the same resolution as my eyeclops (horribly pixelated) but I have less lumens at only 8.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would not recommend this for movies. I might use it for the hallowindow zombies I have. I would say get a decent pico for that. My aaxa pico is great for movies and really clear. It's 100 lumens. But your right this is pretty pixelated. I would only use it for pumpkins on a budget if your not too close. I had my job buy this so I could do some pumpkins for them. I wasn't about to take all my gear and expensive equipment that may get fiddled with. So this will do the trick.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would not recommend this for movies. I might use it for the hallowindow zombies I have. I would say get a decent pico for that. My aaxa pico is great for movies and really clear. It's 100 lumens. But your right this is pretty pixelated. I would only use it for pumpkins on a budget if your not too close. I had my job buy this so I could do some pumpkins for them. I wasn't about to take all my gear and expensive equipment that may get fiddled with. So this will do the trick.
Oh I have a great one for movies, was just curious if it worked for more than simple shapes. Please post back after you try out your zombie hallowindow.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Danski , thank you very very much , i was exactly looking for something just good enough for singing pumpkins for my Halloween display here in the U.K. but never having used or had any previous experience really was not sure of any model as a starting point especially here in the U.K. as projectors are not as popular as in the states , i cut and paste the model name and BINGO , U.K. Amazon have them as well for £39.95 , so i was extremely grateful for your post and subsequent updates , i am ordering one now and look forward to trying it out , thank you and the other forum members who have posted regarding projectors and how to guides relating to them , most appreciated .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts