Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build props sooo bad! Unfortunately with the house being on the market and needing it to be spic and span all the time, I can't. It sucks! I can't eben leave props out (my agent frowns upon it) so it won't freak out potential buyers!

Plus I wanted to enter the XMas contest as well. I guess it would look bad to have a bloody scene in my back yard, lol!

I've got an itch to build. I hope we sell our house [email protected][email protected]! :mad:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Granted, it was 4+ years ago and the housing market was very different but selling our house didn't stop our Halloween prop building or decorating. I had so many props at the time that the real estate agent had to place a disclaimer or sorts in the listing letting buyers know that I was a Halloween enthusiast and there were sletetons in the closets and bodies under the beds. We decorated the house as well that year complete with cemetery, cemetery fencing, webbing on the front porch...the works! We had buyers come through insisting that the cemetery fence and column came with the house. That being said, we sold the house in December! IMO, if you keep you work area clean when you are not working and there is nothing over the top sitting out that may offend someone....you still gotta live!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
There are plenty of smaller prop projects that you can work on during this period. stuff like candlesticks, lanterns etc that can be made and boxed up until your move is complete. One can never have enough of these and it may just stave off the worse of your creative cravings until you can resume business as usual & get back to bigger projects.

I am unable to use my garage workshop in the evenings at the moment, so I'm working on a few "pumpkin Beasts" from Scott Stolls "Stolloween" site.. they're really cute little guys, quite easy,and fun to make too. :):)

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
That would make me buy a house, 'and over there, next to the corpse is the fireplace'. I WILL TAKE IT!!!! kinda like on Aqua Teen Hunger Force, when Danzig bought Carl's house because of the eternal blood.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hi Mistress , well thats your time to do some paper mache smaller projects or learn to do it :) or like Baron said pvc candles isnt too bad to make too and can easly be stored after , it will keep your prop craving happy .....small halloween crafts too like homemade garlands etc ...

i need to learn the paper mache thing so i am thinking of getting equiped this month and starting it myself ....too bad your so far we could do and build stuff together :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well you could allwasy put it on paper..just drw out in detail the prop you want to build..add color to just it demension and give your self an idea if you like it or need to redesign it a little...maybe it will help to take the edge off,so to speak..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Homestead Haunt had the right idea. With the market like it is you really got to stick out. Probably one of the main buying points for us was that our house has a fish tank built into the wall. Of course we took the serious side of it and looked at the age, condition, energy costs, etc... Those were all important factors, but once all the big objectives were covered and it came down to splitting hairs, the fish tank house won.

I say embrace your creative side and tell your agent to shove it. As long as you clean up and keep your project organized you shouldnt feat potential buyers. If a buyer truly walks away because they were offended by some halloween prop, then it really wasnt meant to be anyways. Its not like you are collecting junk cars in the front yard!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
with the housing market the way it is, your job is to have the house ready to sell. Work on projects that don't make a big mess and that you can put away quickly. Your job is to sell the house, not sell the house to a Halloween enthusiast.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
That's disappointing! No chance working on anything? I agree, projects with low mess would be a good starting point. Or things that can be cleaned up in the end of the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts