Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 12 year old son needed a new bed as he has outgrown his twin bed. We wanted to get a bed with storage underneath and found this at Ikea.

James Bed 1.jpg

The bed opens like a static garage door (or like the Munsters staircase) and the items are stored inside. Once we got it up, I ran down stairs and brought up a couple skeletons just to see what it looked like. The slats provide unlimited area to hang things from and took about two minutes to get the look below.

James Bed 2.jpg

Lots of potential with this bed, it could even have teeth.

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Talk about things under your bed at night! LOL. Great photo to start my day with. Lucky kid. Love the Munsters thought process too!

We had a sofa that converted to a bed and had a storage space under it like your bed. Stored our games and such there. As a kid thought it was the coolest sofa ever. Still do!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The main attraction here at The Ravens Grin Inn is the Bad dream bed. It is a "Moving" experience, and the most radical 2 seconds ever!
Very Unforgettable!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We played with the bed a little more, adding lights and pirates (our son wants a pirate theme in his room for Halloween). Once we posed the pirates we locked them in position so that we can set the scene up quickly. We do a party each year and decorate every room but since we have to sleep the beds don't get decorated till the morning of the party so we have delegated 10 minutes to set this scene up. Fortunately its just a matter of hanging the pirates on S hooks and plugging in the lights.

PIRATE BED 2016.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts