Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for a large tent on ebay I came across this: 10'x30' Party Wedding tent/Canopy/Gazebo Door+Window WH - eBay (item 320393051716 end time Aug-01-09 20:39:58 PDT)

It wasn't what I was looking for but I kept coming back to it for some reason. Then it hit me - this frilly white tent with the pretty windows would make an awesome haunted house. Paint it black or dark grey for a more sinister appearance and those windows will take on a whole new look. Or paint it to look like brick for a castle or dungeon theme. And you can't beat that price, with free shipping. Cheap is always good, which may be one of the reasons I kept looking at it.

If none of those ideas create a spark in your mind for your particular theme, I then recalled seeing this a while back: LEGENDS OF THE ABYSS
They took a trailer haunt that had been made to look like a traditional haunted house and turned it into a pirate ship.

Looking at some of the other products that company sells, I came across their fake facades and that gave me even more ideas. You could paint and accessorize your tent to look like a factory/industrial building, an old west building, a jail or an asylum.

Haunters are well-known for their creativity in coming up with new uses for ordinary things and making stuff on-the-cheap, so I hope this might provide some inspiration for those who could use some. Keep an open mind anytime you look at anything - you might see something that isn't there - yet.

·
Registered
670 Posts
While looking for a large tent on ebay I came across this: 10'x30' Party Wedding tent/Canopy/Gazebo Door+Window WH - eBay (item 320393051716 end time Aug-01-09 20:39:58 PDT)

It wasn't what I was looking for but I kept coming back to it for some reason. Then it hit me - this frilly white tent with the pretty windows would make an awesome haunted house. Paint it black or dark grey for a more sinister appearance and those windows will take on a whole new look. Or paint it to look like brick for a castle or dungeon theme. And you can't beat that price, with free shipping. Cheap is always good, which may be one of the reasons I kept looking at it.

If none of those ideas create a spark in your mind for your particular theme, I then recalled seeing this a while back: LEGENDS OF THE ABYSS
They took a trailer haunt that had been made to look like a traditional haunted house and turned it into a pirate ship.

Looking at some of the other products that company sells, I came across their fake facades and that gave me even more ideas. You could paint and accessorize your tent to look like a factory/industrial building, an old west building, a jail or an asylum.

Haunters are well-known for their creativity in coming up with new uses for ordinary things and making stuff on-the-cheap, so I hope this might provide some inspiration for those who could use some. Keep an open mind anytime you look at anything - you might see something that isn't there - yet.[/Q

Hey there- if you check out seller "wpic-bestdeal" they sell these tents in black. I bought one for our party (see my photos). Mine is only 10X15 but they do sell them bigger. I think maybe 10x20 is the biggest they have though?? You could email him to see if he has something bigger. We're just using ours for tood tables.

eBay Store ? WPIC PREMIER OUTDOOR LAND: Search results for blk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts