Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thinking of buying this hearse. 85 Cadillac, runs great $2500. Is this a good price or not? Need help in making decision. Any advice?

Also, can you turn this into a profit making venture or is it strictly for collecting. Do any of you use your hearse to make money?

My album has about 20 or so pictures in it. Lots of details, including flaws.

TIA
Kaye

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Sweet!!! I would love to own a hearse. I think you could make money advertising a Haunt or a Halloween store close to October.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The peeling clearcoat, rust along that edge, and the age of the vehicle tells me that, unless you keep this in the garage, it will rapidly deteriorate to the point you'll be putting a lot more than $2500 into it to keep it looking presentable. I think there are probably better buys out there than this one at $2500. I, personally, wouldn't buy it because of the peeling clearcoat and missing bumperette, both of which tell me the vehicle has been neglected...

Not many people want a 4 ton station wagon that gets 6-8mpg. The prices of used hearses have always been relatively low until they reach "collectable status" (finned 50's versions have just entered that phase; I doubt the stuff made in the 70's and 80's ever will).

Good luck,

Craig

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

and that is why I posted the message!

THANK YOU!

You kept me from spending money that shouldn't have been spent.

Either way, the man is going to let us borrow it for our halloween party. So, it's all good.

I appreciate your answers.

Kaye

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree with what others have said. I've seen hearses around here in better shape, and newer, for less than $2000...but I've also seen crappy ones for more than $3000! I paid $1700 for my '77 and its been great for me, but it is a lot of work and money (over $5000 into it so far!!)! You definitely don't buy a hearse just because you want it to appreciate in value or anything (unless its one of the aforementioned late 50s-early 60s models), or because its reliable and cheap to operate. :D But I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts