Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Royalty Unleashed!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Ya'll!

This thread is not an easy one for me to write since I have never been the one to ask for help. Well, I have asked, but it wasn't without hesitation. I'm a believer that I should do things myself, but, my daily horoscope feels otherwise:

"Your fantasies are luring you off into the distant future or out into a galaxy far, far away. However, dreaming about foreign places and exploring different cultures may have a wonderfully practical side now. If you simply slow down your train of thought a tiny bit, you can make your best ideas real. Give others a chance to share in your amazing adventures; surprisingly, you might enjoy having some company along the way."

*rocks back and forth on her feet* Soooo...I'm asking you for help.

Think "BOG" because for the life of me I cannot come up with one single scene to incorporate into my Bog theme. This is a garage haunt so, digging holes and filling them with water is out.
I've already purchased THIS, have down the muddy makeup techniques, clothing, Jute netting, rigid collodian, created an eerie soundtrack and even bought a domain name and created a flyer, YET...I have no scenes. I'm stuck in my own quagmire and I need you to throw me a line.

What would you put in your Bog?

·
Registered
260 Posts
1 that projector is awesome Haha. Bogs is a great idea , I would do monsters from the deep type, Swamp thing style or tentacles breaking from the ground and "water" . I always thought the big yellow glowing eye goblin/ghoul creatures fit the bog/swamp scene. Waterlogged scarecrow...and I have star wars in my head with the creatures on Dagobah. (Yodas exile planet) like winged bat like creatures. I had something else but someone just started talking to me on this end and I lost it...I'll come back when I remember lol

·
Royalty Unleashed!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris Baker from Hauntcast does a fascinating 'Tar Pit' theme that I think could easily be changed to a bog theme. Here is the video he made of it last year for some ideas:
This was a HUGE help as well as all the other suggestions so far. Thank you! <3

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Ground fog, either dry ice or a chiller for your fog machine.
Cattails. Painted on backdrops, real of fake.
Do you have ambient marsh sounds...bullfrogs, crickets, splashes and slithers, rustling leaves?
Hanging vines. Possible buy off-season garland to hang that people have to walk through?
Big reptiles. Either painted, or shadows.
Spanish moss.
The video Terra posted has some great color combos.
When I think "bog" I also think "The Moors", as in American Werewolf in London, "Stay off the moors at night!"
Have you ever seen bogmen? Perfectly preserved paople (and heads of people) from the middle ages that died or were killed and left in the moors.

Good luck!

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts