Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as of 10/28, I had about a dozen props out in my yard, only the ones that could withstand rain or wind. That night, around 11, almost all of them were stolen. We have security cameras, and the next morning, watched the replay of 3 jerks basically shopping for their props in my yard. They wandered around making sure they didn't miss anything. They even took my Halloween flag and the pole that was attached to my house. All of it can be replaced, and it didn't make even a dent in my display this year, but I was so heartbroken - I had handmade 6 of the stolen items. One of them didn't even get to see his first Halloween...http://www.pinterest.com/pin/299559812688774692/

Cops can't do anything unless we can ID the guys, so we're trying to get the video from the security cam into a usable file.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least I have a few pics of him, and I already bought another Halloween pajama, but it's for a smaller child. I guess I'll be shopping online to replace some of the other stuff.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry to hear this, I hate it when people think they have a right to take other peoples time, money and effort. It's one of my fears at my place, I have everything on a hill out front and can't see most of my stuff from the house. I hope the thieves get caught.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's my worst fear. (If they could put THAT in a haunted house, I'd be really scared. lol) I have security cams too, that light up the front yard with enough Infrared that it looks like daylight on the monitor...and I also have a sign that I put out prominently that there are cameras in operation. But, I've always thought it wouldn't matter much and the jerks could just wear a mask/hood.

I hope you catch those VARMINTS !!! Keep us posted on any developments.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would keep checking Craigslist now that Halloween is over and Flea markets make sure to have all you pictures to prove the stuff was yours. Any vidoe of a vehicle ?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I hate to hear about this happening, but hopefully this will serve as a teachable moment for some people. Video systems are worthless! They are only good for taking action after a theft has occurred, and as more and more victims learn unless the criminal is really stupid it's going to be next to impossible for the police to identify who's on the video and in the end you spend a fortune on a system that's as big a disappointment as the theft.

This is exactly why for years now I have been suggesting haunters go to their local home store and buy some Doberman (or similar) window-type alarms. These are small, they are cheap, they last for years, and most importantly they work! You slip one into a prop, and when someone tries to move it the siren is activated and emits a very screeching 100db siren. No thief wants to make sound as it travels much further than people can see, and when that siren goes off they'll drop what they have and run.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That really blows man; I hate hearing this.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts