Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Being overrun by skeletons sounds like heaven to me :D Love the hanging one!

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
when it comes to being overrun by the undead, skeletons are the best option. You don't hear about them eating your brains like zombies, sucking your blood like vampires, absorbing your youth like mummies or feasting on your soul like the evil dead. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*LOL* Thanks guys! These skeletons are like chips, you can't have just one. :D

After reading here, I ended up buying the pumpkin jamboree DVD. Which is coming today, I'm so excited. So then I needed to come up with a last minute idea to block off the singing pumpkins and the projector. Since I made a garbage can fog chiller, I figured I'd do three' toxic garbage cans with green glowing goo ( great stuff, glow paint, hazard signs) in front of my steps where the pumpkins will be setting. One can will hold the chiller, one will hold the projector, one will just be for storage.

So I'm painting another skeleton with glow paint to sit in front of that and look like he's been drinking the toxic sludge. He looks great when hit with black lights.

I'm blaming this forum and all the fantastic info here for my new addiction. ;)

·
Registered
662 Posts
oooooooooo I love it! :D

That gives me an idea for this year, I may have my Walgreens Skellie: 'William Walter Bones' sit in my tree in the front yard lol

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Better have lots of food, these guys look like they haven't eaten in awhile.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! :)

Goddess and Slash .. he is hung with fluorocarbon fishing line, which is hard to see during the day and invisible at night. I started off by positioning him like he was going to jump. Tied his hands like they were reaching to catch him, feet like they were a solid support to land on. From there my husband used an extension ladder to hoist him up using a branch that's above him, he's tied at the torso. The we anchored him to the tree from the rear and made his front foot come forward like he was reaching with it and anchored that to the porch gutter. That way he wouldn't twirl in the wind.

Here's a picture beneath him, you can see the high branches reaching toward the roof.

Goddess, I've always loved Halloween as a kid, then when I had kids. When my girls were little I'd spend days and days making their costumes, anything they wanted. Now that they are teens we decorate the house and they have a lot of fun helping, then they hand out candy to the kids coming around.

This is my oldest when she was 8, she is now 18 and my middle daughter when she was 6, who is 16 now. The middle one wanted to be Steve Erwin, the crocodile hunter and my oldest wanted to be a scuba diver. I have so many years of fun costumes and pictures, Halloween has always been big here.

The crocodile and shark are both made out of egg crate mattress covers. *LOL* That, cardboard, packing peanuts, paint and countless hours.

Pre fitting .. made her a BCD to dive in, and tanks out of 2 little bottles. *LOL*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts