Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've deliberated over this topic for some time now having discussed it with only my wife. As for this post I have also spent some time deciding whether to post this as a blog on here or not and in the end I chose this particular section for a reason. The paranormal is involved. Now before I continue let me just say that I will divulge certain information about myself which isn't secret but is something I talk about very freely these days. You will understand, and, I hope this will all make sense. Thank you!

Have you ever seen a cat, or other animal for that matter, staring at something that "wasn't there"?

The brain is always taking in information that is not always interpreted, right. Science states that our eyes can only see, or rather our brains only translate a very small section of the full spectrum of known light waves.

All my life I've seen things that others could not. Things that "weren't there" either. It caused me a lot of difficulty. Things I would have anything truthful to start a basis for understanding and finding answers for until near the end of 2009. It was after a few psych-evaluations, one of which that lasted almost 7 hours, I was diagnosed as having STPD (Schizotypal Personality Disorder that is a mild form of Schizophrenia). Look it up on Wikipedia, its interesting. Now I have worked very hard over the years to live a "normal" life, and am successful where it matters on the whole. Now... for those who have questions feel free to ask I will answer them. On to the point of this.

I have noticed many times over the years the different pets I've had viewing that which wasn't there. I have been told and have read about animals can see spirits. However, I had one day where I was enjoying watching a small creature crawling around on my wall. No there wasn't anything actually there... or was there? I saw my cat (a real and actually there cat) sitting on the floor and she was staring at the same spot the thing on the wall was located. I watched them both for a while taking note that my cat was actually shifting her gaze with the location of my crawling "hallucination" and then became even more surprised when she tried to attack the creature. I have seen this same scenario many more times over the years with other cats. Especially with my Pieturo. There were many who saw cats as mystical, magical beings. Perhaps they were on to something more real than they thought. Now I love science and especially the the theoretical possibilities that can be suggested as well as the exploration of those theories.

Theory time: I have studied STPD and have had the chance to observe full schizophrenic individuals. I offer to you the theory that individuals who hallucinate are in fact seeing or experiencing something real, that it is simply something that is outside of or is in a different state than normal, standard perception. Additionally, the problems produced and or resulting from these experiences are purely the result of the human brain being in a state medical science has yet to determine, potentially not openly at least, the ability to explain it, the brain trying to process and interpret information that the brain has no precedent to work with...

Basically. The human brain is taking in data to which it has a limited ability to understand. It can be harmful, like the parent of a close friend, or my emotionally disturbed and misunderstood brother (now deceased). Or it can be benign as in individuals such as myself. Additional; this allows for the possibilities of explaining ESP, premonition, and even paranormal experience. I offer the evidence of cats watching and chasing the "nothings" as possible further evidence.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I knew a young woman whose young son had problems when they moved into a different house.He could "See" holes in the smooth wall and other kinds of damage.

A female therapist helped the boy very simply and very easily,because SHE could "See" the same holes and damages that he could see.
Their theory was that the place had been very beat up at one time and then fixed leaving actual holes behind the new wall covering,whatever kind it was? Light and sound both travel in wave lengths. A quickly flashing light will send some into an epileptic seizure. If that same light flashes even faster,some will hear music! (The angels singing?") "Go into the Light!")
With all of the actual distance and space between atomic particles,maybe different arrangements of those small particles wil lbe vibrating on different frequencies,and ,maybe there are worlds standing next to us right now that we just can't hear see of feel?
a certain drug used for an anesthetic will make some people hear music afterwards. I used to hear music quite often in H.S.and it mostly seemed to be Classical Music,of which i am very ignorant about,mostly. Music sounding as if was played over 180 yrs ago or more.
I have also seen some very strange sights here in my Haunted,Haunted House. Many people have told me about their experiences here and those stories begin in 1925,although this house has been here since 1865

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Energy is constant and comes in more forms than most of us can imagine.

With all the empty space removed from its atoms the Empire State building will fit into a spoon.

·
Registered
906 Posts
always trust the cat! they are indeed very mystical and magickal, they were worshipped by the ancient egyptains after all:cool:

Reactions: Lilith's Demon

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Always trust the cat."

Truer words were never spoken. I know that many won't understand but I know some will. Our Emma taught us so much and though now she's passed away she still seems to be teaching us. Trust, confidence, and faith. All from one tiny, big-eyed cat! You can't help but love them. Her sons seem to be taking up her work.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gym, I have to second the notion of seeing what it looked like before. I've dreamt for years about the building we live in. We've lived here for almost 2 years and its looking more and more how we dreamt it to be.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I've only seen that once a very long time ago, but wasn't Jeffrey Combs in it? I hardly think I'm the first to think of this.
Yep. John Dies at the End, while far more humorous, also plays on the belief of multiple realities existing just outside of one another.

Scientists are still in the dark on many things regarding the universe, so there very well may be truth to that way of thinking.

·
Registered
70 Posts
An interesting theory for sure. I think that there is a lot of truth in the idea that there is "matter unseen", for lack of a better term. The developing idea of dark matter is a (beginning to be) accepted scientific concept that I feel parallels this in a lot of ways. To many people it sounds like fringe science, and maybe it is a little, but isn't that what any developing and controversial scientific theory is to its detractors?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Our scientific ability to "SEE" smaller and tiny enables us to know more than ever before ,and figure more stuff out.
So, who knows what new information maybe way down there awaiting us?

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing is is that just what reality actually is is just like the subject of dark matter. We can provide circumstantial, theoretical, and suppositional evidence to it even existing as well as just what it is exactly. I once posted on a thread some time ago talking about reality having layers and levels and went so far as to cite the video games and movies, Silent Hill, as proof that others believe the same. "Are you sure you're in the right one? There are many Silent Hills." That's not verbatim but you get the point. For those who have seen the first movie I refer to the scene where Rose is running from Pyramid Head through the school courtyard and her husband Chris, who is looking for her, is also there. As the segment plays out it shows her run right through the spot in which he's standing. He feels her and can even smell her perfume. He turns and runs the same direction she is going and tries to follow even though he didn't actually see her or hear her. They are both, in fact, there together, however they are no longer on the same layer. Levels are parts of layers. Though all can blend or bleed most often only levels interact this way within a layer. I must emphasize the part of that last sentence, "most often". I do however, believe that travel between both levels and layers is possible. Now its not quite the same as a different dimension where yes the world we see currently outside of our window may or may not be exactly the same. I do believe that different, or more commonly, alternate dimensions/realities can have alternate us. No doubt we're all familiar at least in part with the doppelganger concept. Here is the defining difference for me at least between alternate realities and reality layers/levels is that one will not find a doppelganger in a reality layer-level scenario. Rather, if there is another "you" there in a layer-level that it will be a "you" living a separate existence altogether. Um, ok...
I had a dream last year in which a layer bled through to our reality layer in a cul de sac in a suburb of Chicago... a sort of modern day version of the ancient Celtic Otherworld. In this dream featured is an old man who is a rather traditional minded war veteran. He had lost his left leg below the knee. Living in his house in this other layer is a young Punk version of himself. NOTE: Classic punk, politically and equal rights minded with the traditional classic punk styling. Anyways, this other version of him had been born without his leg below the left knee but got around with the help of a rather advanced cybernetic prosthesis. At first, the old veteran was appalled at the thought that this young punk was him. In the end his views were changed when he learned, with proof provided, that the young punk had actually become the plant manager of a large and successful factory complex as well as a successful political voice for the welfare of this different city.
Now. Had this old man gone to an alternative dimension he would have met himself, at his own age with various potentials where experience was concerned. Whether it was a cowardly version of him or financially successful or even that he had died, it was always gonna be him with the same start in life at its most basics. For this I suggest the TV series Sliders as a traditional representative of standard views on alternative realities.

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our scientific ability to "SEE" smaller and tiny enables us to know more than ever before ,and figure more stuff out.
So, who knows what new information maybe way down there awaiting us?
Superposition, collapse of the wave function, entanglement, etc...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have often wondered if our mental capacities come from ancestor's DNA "born" out of "Need" or are they something that is just "There" but we only get to realize they exist in times of either total stress or total dream-state?
Or are we actually "The Dream?"
It's odd how much of society has little use for "Dreamers" until they either prove themselves or take over power from those who can not ever "dream".
Many times my best,most creative ideas would seem to whisper themselves into my ear just as I was starting to wake up from a good night's sleep.
Whenever I have had a bad feeling about a person,but then chose to totally ignore that feeling just to be kind or to try to give them a "break", often my first sort of negative feeling turned out to be a warning I should have taken more seriously for my own good.

My Brother told me about a book he had read about a man from this country spent a few months living with people on the wide grassy plains of Africa.
One sunny day he and one of his friends from the village were standing ,just looking out across the wide open spaces when the African stared intently in one direction for a while, then looked away.
The African man noticed the American had then given a long look in the same direction, so he asked him if he had seen" anything?"
They had both seen the same thing.
Off in the distance a small black sharply rectangular "Hole" had opened up above the ground,floating in the sky,a large hairy creature,sort of Ape-like jumped down to the ground from this mystical "Opening",snatched-up a small animal and returned to this opening, a "Door" seemed to then "Close" and ordinary blue sky had returned,everything then, very normal.
I tend to be a skeptic ,unless more than one person sees or hears or somehow experiences the same thing at the same time,or if a number of people who are not privy to the same previous descriptions all report seeing the same thing.
This is what happened in my house after I first got it. And then I began having some rather "different" experiences here too.
I had also had many ESP types of experiences before I ever got this house and one experience on a local road one night now about 45 years ago.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
People often share with me their odd experiences after they have toured through my "Haunted House",maybe they feel more comfortable telling me such things because i have just entertained them with the stories from this house?
Several have told me how after their cat had died and after the bedroom was dark and the hour late, they would feel the cat return,jumping up onto the bed, resuming it's normal sleeping location on the bed, many times other living cats or animals would be there at the same time, yet nobody got upset with their ghostly buddy.
A woman I know here has a ghost cat in her house and at least one of her friends has seen or sensed it too. Some saw it and then
later found out it had been a "Ghost".
She does not have a house full of cats,either making for cases of mistaken-cat-identity.
The ghost cat is on seen on the second floor. When one man saw it he was there to work in/on the house,he believed it to be a real cat at first.
Right after I first got this house .looking all around in every nook and crannie i found a mummified Cat in the crawlspace. It was in a scary, or disturbing "pose"
I told some people about it, they thought I should use it to make a "Scary" display of it?
No!
I feel he has earned his right to be left here undisturbed,not messed with,and so he is!

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know that the English have a superstition about mummified cats in a home. If I remember correctly, the deceased cat must never be removed from the building as it chases off bad spirits and bad energy and misfortune. I know there's is other superstitions, but I can't remember them off hand. I have a copy of "The Dictionary Of Superstitions". Very interesting book. Lots of weird superstitions. Still though...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
In England some of those very old houses had thick walls that were hollow and the mice would have had a "Field Day", if it wasn't for the cat access portals made in those walls,so then, "The Hunt Was On!" "To the Hounds! Er, i mean Felines!"
Settles in this country usually didn't enjoy the benefits of a wide wall and to give the rodents an"interesting" time, I was told a live Bull snake would be walled up in those small spaces. Imagine laying in bed at night and you hear, "Thump!" Thump!"
"What is making that noise?"
"Just our fat Bull Snake sliding over each ceiling log on his way to catch a mouse."

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I remember when I lived in my childhood home, we had a husky named floss and a fluffy white cat named emerald. Now my family and I experienced many bizarre and frightening things in that house, but our pets reacted to things too.

Floss used to sit at the basement door just staring and growling with her ears pricked up, she'd also randomly go running and barking to another side of the house like someone was breaking in.

I also remember one day when my sister and I where home, I was laying on the couch downstairs when Emerald suddenly went back against the wall yowling like crazy, he was obviously threatened by something I couldn't see. Freaky, right?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A Cat and a Dog both reacted fearfully when they heard the sound of a woman crying on the other side of a door to the rest of our house,they ran away from the sound,so my Wife could do no less. It was 2AM ,I was several rooms away asleep in bed.
We tried a few experiments afterwards to find out if the sound could have come from just outside of the house somehow?

We concluded the sound had to have originated from the room on the other side of the door.
Then there was the time the door knob on that door began turning,making the sounds it makes as someone is turning it back and forth .
My wife, her dog and a cat saw that happening. I was upstairs leading a small group through the house. At first she thought it was me until she heard me speaking loudly almost right upstairs above her, then she yelled for me to come down as fast as I could, I found no one, no doors open , nobody.
The doorknob did this on three occasions. The last time we were sitting on the other side of the door.
The door frame gave a very high EMF reading one time (or was it the room?) The "House" side gave no reading at all that night. Another time the same EMF machine found "0" there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts