Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I use as my theme I'm thinking of three things.

1. Zombie Apocalypse
2. Clowns in 3d
3. Victorian Style Haunted House

Which theme do you guys think would be the best.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like combining themes, like a Victorian haunted house with Zombie Apocalypse overtones (An old black magic user from Victorian times came back from the dead to raise the rest of his zombie brethren and haunt the grounds).

I'm doing that idea, but try a combination, it opens the creative doors.

·
Never try to eat a zombie
778 Posts
Zombies for the front yard and witches and ghosts for the backyard

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,751 Posts
Victorian Style Haunted House is my favorite.. I like that the old classics (ghost, vampires, etc) can be incorporated into it very easily.. :)

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
What should I use as my theme I'm thinking of three things.

1. Zombie Apocalypse
2. Clowns in 3d
3. Victorian Style Haunted House

Which theme do you guys think would be the best.
2 or 3 since I don't have either of those in my haunt.

The question should really be: Which do you like best? And which can you pull off or do you want to pull off? You've got to come up with your own style. Once you figure out your style, then steal ideas from the other folks here whose styles mesh with what you want. UnOrthoDox did some really cool stuff with pumpkins and grass last year that would mesh well with my scarecrows and pentagram props even though we don't have the same theme.

Oh wait, I don't have a theme.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I'm going to do it like this. You walk into the haunt and your in an old carny funhouse with clowns on the walls and clown running around. Then after that you transition into an old victorian style house with a cannibal family living inside. I think theres a-lot I can do with that.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I think I'm going to do it like this. You walk into the haunt and your in an old carny funhouse with clowns on the walls and clown running around. Than after that you transition into an old victorian style house with a cannibal family living inside. I think theres a-lot I can do with that.
A potato gun big enough to shoot out those Zombabies would be cool

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
How About..

A political convention full of Zombies?
I know. Not very original since this happens every 4 years anyway.
From the convention hall floor comes the loud cry in unison:"WE WANT BRAINS!"
They somehow a canidate gets the nod who has no brains at all!?
Some Democracy, huh?
Then the conventioneers all crawl back under their dirt for another four years, which provides four years in which a zombie can tour the country trying to convince everyone that they are highly qualified and electable .. because they have no brains, just some new, schemeing friends.

What is it about the Victorian house that is scary? Is it the people living in such oppulence must be inherently evil to be able to have all that money? Maybe those people seem abit excentric= insane? They have a big house to have many places to imprison others and to hide the bodies?
I took the tour of a historic old mansion and was told the owner assmassed $50,000, then built the place, hired butlers, maids, paid them 10 cents a week plus room & board.
Nice guy, huh?
"All For ME! Nothing For You!"

My house is Italianate not victorian but it's still scary, at least a great many think so.
It's "Old", so it's scary.
It's actually haunted, so it's scary.
Many, many stories existed locally concerning this house before I ever bought it.
I must be a lazy guy to buy a haunted house to make it into a haunted house?
I HAVE gotten the credit for some special effects here that I, nor probably anyone could do without putting them on a movie screen, with a blue screen behind everything.
My place , I named it The Ravens Grin Inn.

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
Victorian Style Haunted House is my favorite.. I like that the old classics (ghost, vampires, etc) can be incorporated into it very easily.. :)
I agree with Kymmm... Classic haunts are my style.

However this year I may be going a different route instead. I was thinking of using scarecrows and corn witches instead of my cemetary. I am still in limbo however.

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
I think I'm going to do it like this. You walk into the haunt and your in an old carny funhouse with clowns on the walls and clown running around. Than after that you transition into an old victorian style house with a cannibal family living inside. I think theres a-lot I can do with that.
That sounds like a great Theme!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts