Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm here to ask if anyone has any great ideas for a theme for my basement haunt this year. I am starting to plan so I'd like to get an idea of what I should do. Last seasons I did an asylum haunt and it turned out real well. Thanks!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
So many possibilities! I would start by taking inventory of what you already own and see what could be repurposed into different themes. If you're starting from scratch, just start by making a list of Halloween themes that appeal to you. Do you have a special love for vampires? Witches? Classic movie monsters? Really, it al depends on what says "Halloween" to you.

After having done a classic haunted graveyard for the last 10 years I'm switching things up and doing a pirate's cove sort of thing with skeletal pirates and a touch of head hunter/haunted tiki thrown in. Kind of like if you combined Disney's pirates of the Caribbean with the jungle cruise ride. It's completely different than anything I've done before and I may never want to do it again, but I think it will be fun.

Share your likes and dislikes with us and we'll help come up with the perfect haunt theme! :)

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I always say I don't have a theme, but I guess I do since my theme is: "No clowns, no chainsaws, no aliens, no pirates, no cutesy things, no blood/gore, no Nightmare Before Christmas" I want to say no witches, but somehow I end up with more of those every year as filler. I'm sure there are a few other "no"s I forgot at the moment.

If I could get cornstalks cheap...that would be a theme

1 - 5 of 5 Posts