Halloween Forum banner

Theme idea for 2012 Yay or Nay

5574 Views 25 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Spookilicious mama
I was thinking about doing Xiabalba, or the Maya underworld, because the Maya predicted that this era of the world would end in 2012. I had it all planned out. I was going to put up a giant pyramid in the backyard. I wanted swamps and forests (tropical) around it. Then my Mom pointed out that it might snow. So now I ditched the pyramid idea and I think it will be it in the garage. It likely will have running water too, but it will be manageable.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
what about adding the crystal skull legend?
Isn't it something to do with 13 crystal skulls collected from different parts of the world, put together to make some big burst of energy or something? This I believe has mayan roots.
The mayan history is very interesting.
Have you ventured into Belize to see any of the ruins there?

· Registered
168 Posts
Cheap trick to make crystal looking skulls....
Use a skull form and wrap it with clear packing tape. First layer sticky side out (so it doesn't stick to the skull) Next 3 layers sticky side in. This will take the shape of the skull form, then cut it up the back to remove from your form, tape back together and there you have it.
I have made whole dummies using this method and had my husband and daughter as the "molds."
One dummy is about 4 years old now and has even been out in the snow. He looks a little old and tired now ( sagging) but it is actually adding to the creepy affect!!
The less expensive packing tape actually seems to even work better!!
Four layers is plenty to hold it's shape well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.