Halloween Forum banner

Theme idea for 2012 Yay or Nay

5574 Views 25 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Spookilicious mama
I was thinking about doing Xiabalba, or the Maya underworld, because the Maya predicted that this era of the world would end in 2012. I had it all planned out. I was going to put up a giant pyramid in the backyard. I wanted swamps and forests (tropical) around it. Then my Mom pointed out that it might snow. So now I ditched the pyramid idea and I think it will be it in the garage. It likely will have running water too, but it will be manageable.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking of having the opening being a maya person praying to an anamatronic god, the scare coming from a snake behind them lunging towards them. Then, the spiked ceiling room, opening in to a cave with no roof, like a small valley, then leading to a large waterfall. I want to make the path go behind the waterfall, then curve arount and follow the stream into a cave.

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm planning on phasing in some props this year so they're ready for next. I'm building a jungle-ish set and starting to build post-apocalipitc props, hopefully sometime this year. At this point I think it makes more sence for me to make just the first scene Mayan, then all the sets after that would be post apocalyptic/ zombie. I think that would be cool. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.