Halloween Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oaklawn Crematory, thank you for re-posting pictures of the costume and for saying you made a mistake. Too many times people are to quick to judge. We appreciate you saying you made a mistake and the costume does look great. We work really hard at putting out great products at very affordable prices. A costume or mask in the box never looks as good as one that is being worn. We are glad you like the costume and if there are ever any questions please give us a call, we are always here to give 100% customer support.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, Our masks are not made in China, We would never do that to our customers, If anyone has any questions or problems with their order please give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Hello Jdubbya,

did you try to call us? A phone call works better for us, this way we can give you instant service.
Ironic that you're responding to my post which was over three years ago, and talking about instant service?! No, I didn't call but rather posted a simple question on your facebook page. I got a snarky reply and the post was removed by you. I guess that's someone's idea of good customer service. Not mine. With regards to the hands being tight. I tried the baby powder and I still could barely get them on. The finger openings were so small you could not wear them comfortably. I think rather than being defensive about your entire product line, recognize a legitimate complaint and try to rectify the problem. I did have a very decent mask from your company (Doll face) and liked it very much but if a customer has an issue about something, or is dissatisfied, try to make it right. You guys carry some unique stuff. Hopefully bad reviews won't come back to haunt you in the long run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ironic that you're responding to my post which was over three years ago, and talking about instant service?! No, I didn't call but rather posted a simple question on your facebook page. I got a snarky reply and the post was removed by you. I guess that's someone's idea of good customer service. Not mine. With regards to the hands being tight. I tried the baby powder and I still could barely get them on. The finger openings were so small you could not wear them comfortably. I think rather than being defensive about your entire product line, recognize a legitimate complaint and try to rectify the problem. I did have a very decent mask from your company (Doll face) and liked it very much but if a customer has an issue about something, or is dissatisfied, try to make it right. You guys carry some unique stuff. Hopefully bad reviews won't come back to haunt you in the long run.
Hello Jdubbya,

Unfortunately we never knew you posted on this Forum until today. We are not a regular visitor. In busy season it is best to call us or e-mail us with any issues you have. As for bad reviews, we really do not have many compared to the thousands of satisfied customers we have. I would say it’s about .003% and sometimes these reviews are because we never hear from the customer who has the problem. Although we make our product to fit most there will a few people that might experience gloves that are tight simply because they are a very large person. If you still have the gloves and would like to talk to us about them please give us a call and we will figure something out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Absolutely horrendous customer service. We ordered a costume that was not as it was represented online. It was cheap quality and not put together properly. The mask was falling apart. when speaking to the representative on the phone, they shrugged it off as it was a constant complaint and offered to send "Glue" to fix the problem. The problem is its a completely unprofessional company, along with their completely overpriced garbage costumes, should have gone to party city and spend $40.00, instead of $800.00. Will never use, nor recommend this company, any of its affiliates again. NOT A PROFESSIONAL COSTUME MAKER AS IT STATES ON ITS WEBSITE. BEWARE

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
well, I have read through this thread.
I decided to take a chance and buy a mask from them.

I will post my thoughts when it arrives next week.

I will say that the website says ships in 24 hours.
Sure enough, I got a tracking number e mailed and texted to me the next day.

I did notice that the item is shipped from texas and I remember reading they were based out of NY.
So I am not sure who they are drop shipping from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this forum by way of Google search because I wanted to see if anyone else had a problem with this company. Here's what happened. I have had my eye in the alien mind control mask for over a year now. When I first saw it I fell in love with it but the price tag of $109 kept me at bay. I got tickets to a Halloween ball at the Trans-Alleghany Lunatic Asylum and decided that the mask would be perfect, so I went ahead and bought it. Upon receiving it I was confused because I knew the mask was close to 2 feet tall but the box delivered was maybe a little over a foot. When I opened it I saw the mask had been crammed into the small box. Masks are usually pretty resilient so I figured it was ok. When I got the mask out I noticed that one of the aliens hands had come loose from it's controller. (See pic) I immediately emailed customer service with pics to ask for a replacement. They called me within an hour but I wasn't able to answer the call. The voicemail that was left made me quite upset. The representative told me that since it was a time sensitive matter that I should just glue the arm back on with crazy glue. Then proceeded to say that it must have been pulled out when it was taken out of the box. I took that as saying I broke it, when in fact it was shipped in a terrible way that made it very easy to be broken. Where it was shoved into the box and creased is where it had came apart. Then at the end of the message I was told they would sent me another mask but they were out of stock on it for the season. When I tried to glue the part back together, it would not hold. It's made at a weird angle to begin with so getting it to stay together was impossible. As I was trying to glue the part together I noticed that the color scheme on the bottom half of the mask didn't match any of the pictures of it on their site. It should have been a pinkish skin tone color but instead was all just the same color as the alien. I then emailed the rep back to tell them that I was just dissatisfied with the whole process and that I just wanted a full refund and I would be sending the mask back. To which I received a response of send it back and we'll glue it and send it back to you. I will not buy from them again. I'll probably just keep the damaged mask because I don't see paying to send it back and forth for something that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. While they did contact me quickly they should have handled it differently. I know that not everyone will have a problem with this company and that they might carry some nice costumes and props, but my experience with them has left me highly dissatisfied.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stay away from Horror Dome! I ordered a mask and torso piece from them. The mask arrived first and didn’t work out. It was only then, via this forum, that I became aware of and read up on their return policy. While I don’t agree with the reason for the return policy (hygiene), I understand that’s the rule. I emailed their customer service immediately to request to cancel the torso, the status of which was still noted as “in process” and for which I had not received a “shipped” text.
I immediately got an email back that the torso was “being processed” and was not eligible for a refund. Then I immediately got a notice that the torso had been shipped. Funny coincidence. I responded that it was clearly not about hygiene, that I was disappointed that the reviews I read are true, and that it was quite the coincidence that I got a shipped notification just now.
That’s when all hell broke loose. A man from Horror Dome called to “help” me but spent the couple of minutes I held the call screaming about their business to the point that, because I had it on speaker, my husband came downstairs to figure out what was going on. After I hung up, the HD called AGAIN. Of course I didn’t answer, and HD didn’t leave a message. Then I got a long ranting email about the business they do, the shipping notification timing, and how there was no way the mask didn’t work for me. (Remember this is about canceling the torso.) Then I got ANOTHER email saying that I spoke to someone (a Mike) on the phone and Mike offered me a refund (???). Then I got ANOTHER email asking for pictures of the mask not fitting my head.
This all transpired in under 30 minutes. These people are completely crazy.

Related - if anyone wants to buy a Hunger Pains latex chest piece at a discount, hmu. Apparently, it’s shipped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was attempting to get info on some of the higher end animatronic items for a haunt I am putting together for next year.

The moron guy who answered the phone sounded drunk and was a rude as they come. Maybe poor manners get you somewhere in NY, but they don't
get you far in the rest of the country.

RULE #1 for any business of any kind---- have an intelligent human being answering your phones!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was attempting to get info on some of the higher end animatronic items for a haunt I am putting together for next year.

The moron guy who answered the phone sounded drunk and was a rude as they come. Maybe poor manners get you somewhere in NY, but they don't
get you far in the rest of the country.

RULE #1 for any business of any kind---- have an intelligent human being answering your phones!
I used to do phone support for a company years ago. Your tone of voice is the most important thing because that is the first thing the customer is presented with. Also no disrespect to New Yorkers, but every single one of them was rude. We used to dread answering the phone when the address came up in NY.

Totally off thread but Rule #2 for any business of any kind: Have an intelligent human being, with an actual personality, in your booth at trade shows. I binge watched a bunch of McKamey Manor's old Transworld walk throughs a while back and I was stunned at the number of booths staffed by people who couldn't either form coherent sentences or who seemingly had no idea what they sold or how to even promote themselves or the products/services they sold.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I always say your front desk and phone receptionist should have a desk plate that says
"Jane Doe: Director of First Impressions"
just to remind them of how important they really are!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ordered few items so far. All have been awesome. 2 out of the last 3 items shipping has been very slow. I emailed them once and they responded very quick and shipped immediately. So really no big problems with Horror Dome.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts