Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't critique people easily, i'm always wanting to work things out, but sadly this company left me no option but to make public their poor products and even poorer customer service.

So in a nutshell, i ordered a product from their website which i loved the look of. I was very excited about it and showed lots of friends it and told them about the website. Several of them planned on buying their halloween products from this company. Sadly when my item arrived it looked nothing like the picture. Completely different color and severely lacking in the detail and design of the picture on the website. It was only then i noticed that the company offer a strict no return policy, which is unusual for any company whose products should be worth their name.

That alone makes me think that they must produce one decent version of each of their own brands products, photograph it, then make lots of cheap copies for sale. Knowing that when received they may be highly likely to wish to return.

My other gripe is that i emailed them just to voice my concerns (not even ask for a refund or exchange) and they haven't even bothered to reply after weeks.

They simply do not care about their customers, only their money.

Needless to say my friends shall not be spending their money with them this season, or the next, and i advise you all to be cautious also.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
I have some issues with them as well. The customer service is poor. I really don't like the no return policy. I bought a mask from them this year that really looked quite different in person than the one shown on their site. I posted a message on their Facebook page and I received a rather curt reply that my mask was how it was supposed to look, even though I pointed out the obvious difference in their stock photo. My comment was then promptly removed. Another thing to be wary of is their pricing. They sell merchandise made by other manufacturers, like Midnight F/X studios and jack the prices way up!. While they do carry unique stuff, see if it's available elsewhere for less. I do have one nice mask I got from them last year which I love and it looks exactly as it was pictured, however I doubt I'll order anything from them again. Too many other good vendors who care about customer service. Sorry you had a bad experience.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Now I am a little nervous about the masked I purchased. I should get it this week and I hope it looks like the one on the website. I will let you guyz know.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
Now I am a little nervous about the masked I purchased. I should get it this week and I hope it looks like the one on the website. I will let you guyz know.
Can I ask which mask it is?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
Nice looking mask and the hands are a decent match too. I had purchased Ravenger this year with the matching hands. I like the mask with the exception of the bib, which is small, and difficult to tuck into a shirt or costume. The hands are a great match but fit tight.

This Doll Face that I got last year. Love this one!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,925 Posts
Anybody bought the Witchy woman mask? I'm planning on ordering one to replace my deteriorating head on my witch prop, but you all are making me a little wary now. I realize that most of the pics you see on many sites are masks that are perfect in every way and often custom painted with greater detail than on the actual product,but there should not be any huge variation. The mask I'm currently using cost a whopping $10 so I have not taken any precautions with and stored it out in the shed in extreme temperature and humidity changes so I'm not surprised that after 3 years it is starting to get holes in it and becoming brittle. If I spend the $65 on the Witchy Woman I plan on removing it each year and storing it indoors. I'd just like to be sure about it before I order.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
Anybody bought the Witchy woman mask? I'm planning on ordering one to replace my deteriorating head on my witch prop, but you all are making me a little wary now. I realize that most of the pics you see on many sites are masks that are perfect in every way and often custom painted with greater detail than on the actual product,but there should not be any huge variation. The mask I'm currently using cost a whopping $10 so I have not taken any precautions with and stored it out in the shed in extreme temperature and humidity changes so I'm not surprised that after 3 years it is starting to get holes in it and becoming brittle. If I spend the $65 on the Witchy Woman I plan on removing it each year and storing it indoors. I'd just like to be sure about it before I order.
That's a nice mask. but check out the witch masks from Death Studios too. His masks are excellent. Thick latex, great detail and hair. All hand made.

http://www.deathstudios.com/Masks/Index.cfm/go:site.Group/Group:11/ID:1/index.html

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Witchy woman is the mask my post is about. So personally I wouldn't. Spend your money elsewhere.

Horrordome hope you read this because your business tactics are costing you money.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
Witchy woman is the mask my post is about. So personally I wouldn't. Spend your money elsewhere.

Horrordome hope you read this because your business tactics are costing you money.
Sorry to hear this, Dan. You're right in that the stock photos posted on their site often look a lot different than the actual mask. I can honestly say that the Death Studios masks are not like this. The mask you see is identical to the one you get as they are all made right there is his shop by him alone. Give them a try if you see anything you like. You won't be disappointed.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,925 Posts
I've looked at the Death Studio witch masks and they are not the look I want and are a tad more than I want to spend. I'm looking for more of a really ancient old lady rather than your classic green, hook nosed, snaggle toothed witch. I'd take a crack at sculpting and molding one myself, but once I spend on all the materials I'm right up to where I would be if I just bought a nice one - with no guarantees mine would look as good. Guess I'll continue my quest until I find one I like.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I purchased two masks from them this year and while they are okay, the pictured on line are much better than what you actually get and the color wasn't even close on one of them. (I ordered the lava demon mask and it was very orange, not red at all). In my opinion they are not worth the money. I was quite disappointed as I planned to order several more but just ordered two as a starting point to see the quality.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought the Lenore zombie riser prop from them. It came in looking even better than the website pictures.Then I got a couple masks and they were a huge disappointment. I wonder if they are having the masks produced cheap in China but make the larger props themselves. That might explain things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Dan,

Which mask did you purchase? We can not seem to find you in our system? If you did purchase a mask from us please understand we can not take returns on masks due to health reasons. We can not resell a mask that was worn even once. This is how our customers know they are guaranteed to get a new mask every time they make a purchase. Also, sometimes the colors on a computer monitor vary so the color could be a little off from our masks. Please let us know which mask you purchased so we can correct this problem for you.

Thank You
Linda Vaun
TheHorrorDome.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got one of their cat puppets this year. It was awesome, a huge hit at the graveyard and I even took it to a party. My youngest was trying to get it from me all weekend. I am looking at another one of their puppets in 2015

1 - 20 of 56 Posts